It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:15 pm 

carmilla mircalla wrote:
When people constantly reference the "intern" is there some truth to that? what proof is there that an intern is in charge of posting the new releases for each month?

Loading/creating basic web-pages with production info is exactly the kind of boring administrative work that interns perform in most companies.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:18 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Clearly none of you saw that Anne Hathaway movie where she hires DeNiro to retweet pix of Eyes Without a Face for the Criterion Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:20 pm 

The climax of that film is Robert De Niro assembling a team to break into Anne Hathaway's mother's house to delete an email. Just feel the need to share this.

(It's a nice movie)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:18 am 

colinr0380 wrote:
Do the newer editions of Silence of the Lambs retain the original theatrical font for the various location titles appearing in typewriter text on the screen (such as the opening "Woods near Quantico, Va" one), or are they still player generated? I remember the first DVD that MGM put out in the UK replaced those titles with just the standard player generated removable subtitles (though perhaps that was just MGM's standard practice for Region 2 discs, where they'd swap out location titles for ones in a particular European language. I remember Ronin having the same issue too, for example).
MGM did this in R1 as well; to my knowledge it's true of Silence plus Annie Hall (famously ruining a crucial gag) and I'm sure a great number of others.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:05 pm 

Ulu Grosbard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:09 pm 
Dot Com Dom

FrauBlucher wrote:

Georgia? :wherestheprayingemoticon:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:12 pm 

I'd die of laughter if it was Who Is Harry Kellerman and Why Is He Saying Those Terrible Things About Me?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:17 pm 

It's release is still in print. My money is on either Dom's perfect suggestion or his last film.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:26 pm 

It's got to be Straight Time, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:16 pm 

Big Ben wrote:
I'd die of laughter if it was Who Is Harry Kellerman and Why Is He Saying Those Terrible Things About Me?

Kino released that not too long ago.

I hope it's Straight Time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:51 pm 

Another possibility is The Miracle Worker; Grosbard was an assistant director on the film and there's already a phantom page for Arthur Penn. But Straight Time seems more likely to be the best guess.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:40 pm 
Dot Com Dom

AfterTheRain wrote:
Another possibility is The Miracle Worker; Grosbard was an assistant director on the film and there's already a phantom page for Arthur Penn. But Straight Time seems more likely to be the best guess.

Actually, I bet you're right in the first part, and the Miracle Worker is a better film than any other Grosbard film lobbed out

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:46 am 

Straight Time is one of the absolute masterpieces of American crime cinema of the 70s and a film I reflect on a lot. It gets the attitude of blue collar natives of Los Angeles better than most Los Angeles set films, partly in thanks to Eddie Bunker ear for street dialogue. I don't know much about Grosband as a director beyond this film, but its worth mentioning he was the original director for the Broadway production of David Mamet's American Buffalo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44