It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:18 pm 

Blood for Dracula has a little shaved off the sides on the new Image transfer compared to the Criterion but, again, the benefits of the high-definition remastering render this a moot point. The hues of the opening sequence have changed a little - Dracula looks quite pale on the Criterion during the credits, on the Image he's literally stone-coloured. The whole castle opening sequence looks (one suspects deliberately) far more gloomy and deathly overall.

Both discs have different screen tests featuring Srdjan Zelenovic, the unfortunate male zombie from Frankenstein, who was Morrissey's first choice to play Dracula, but wasn't able to. Instead of soundtrack excerpts, the animated (and newly expanded) stills galleries feature start-to-finish narrated accounts of each film's production history by Morrissey (he makes an off-puttingly blase remark on Dracula to the "toilet we live with today" compared to the unnamed "traditional values that had gone on for hundreds of years" he laments).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:42 pm 

as concerns bootlegs. Does anyone know any information about the Ritek Global Media discs? If they have ever been established as legitimate or fake? For those of you that have a Ritek logo, are the corners of your DVD Cover insert also rounded? I've done searching on this board and haven't been able to find any information about detecting Criterion bootlegs. I apologize if this belongs in a different area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:41 pm 

blindside8zao wrote:
I've done searching on this board and haven't been able to find any information about detecting Criterion bootlegs.

Yeah, I suppose the title of this thread is a tad too esoteric.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:50 pm 

Who owns the rights to these? What are the chances of getting new transfers and FfF in 3D?