It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:59 pm 

I've held onto my old vanilla R2 Universal DVD of Wild At Heart which has the uncensored version and never upgraded to the Blu-Ray, for hope that one day we'll get one with the less-than-a-second of exploding head (there's clearly an anamorphic SD master, you could just upscale the frames in question!). Dare I hope for the Lime Green Set deleted scenes being included too?

Pretty sure MK2 is the licensor for Lost Highway, as they are for Lynch's early shorts, Eraserhead and FWWM.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 am 

Received my Blu Ray of A Woman's Life today. Gorgeous transfer true to the cinema quality.

Can't recommend this highly enough for lovers of depressing French Costume Dramas!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:37 pm 

No details yet, but Kino announced that they are going to release Kundun on Blu-ray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 pm 

Powell & Pressburger’s Gone to Earth, at long last

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:35 pm 

Werewolf by Night wrote:
Powell & Pressburger’s Gone to Earth, at long last

Kino are billing it as 'The Wild Heart' not without reason as it is the US cut not the longer UK version, which I saw in a gorgeous print some years ago during the P&P retrospective so let's hope someone else gets the proper version out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:56 pm 

NABOB OF NOWHERE wrote:
Kino are billing it as 'The Wild Heart' not without reason as it is the US cut not the longer UK version
Just on Twitter, though? So it may just be that their social media manager is mistaken? A full announcement of specs will soon clear this up.

EDIT: Nevermind. MisterLime on Blu-ray.com confirmed:
Quote:
The U.S. theatrical cut with the roadshow extras.

Pass. Seriously, why even bother with this? Who's going to buy it? Undiscriminating Jennifer Jones fanatics? Are there possibly thousands of them out there?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:37 pm 
Dot Com Dom

They should do what Criterion did with the other Jennifer Jones re-edit, Terminal Starion: both versions and extras talking about the differences

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:52 pm 

That has got to be the only serious way to release this. In many ways it is a more extreme case than the de Sica because, to the best of my knowledge, the US edit has a lot of unique footage from Rouben Mamoulian.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:00 pm 

Kino is releasing Trilogy of Terror on Blu-ray next year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:31 pm 

Kino Lorber's November sale

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:45 pm 

Ashirg wrote:

Didn't they just have one? If only only the independent labels had sales so frequently....maybe I could finally delete my Amazon account.

Are they trying to unload stock? It's even better than the previous....Many blu-rays for $7.99 - $9.99. There seems to be no logic to their pricing: The Battle of The Sexes blu-ray (which I picked up for $9.99 at the last sale) is $7.99 now, but the dvd is $11.97.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 pm 

I thought this was the place to post this:

from htf:
Quote:
This coming Friday will be the final time I’ll be posting as the studio insider and I’ll be leaving the company soon after. Going ahead Kino Lorber Insider will be posting upcoming announcements/updates/sales and will answer questions whenever possible.

It’s been lots of fun and I’ll miss my interactions with the good people at this forum.

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:38 pm 

Werewolf by Night wrote:
NABOB OF NOWHERE wrote:
Kino are billing it as 'The Wild Heart' not without reason as it is the US cut not the longer UK version
Just on Twitter, though? So it may just be that their social media manager is mistaken? A full announcement of specs will soon clear this up.

EDIT: Nevermind. MisterLime on Blu-ray.com confirmed:
Quote:
The U.S. theatrical cut with the roadshow extras.

Pass. Seriously, why even bother with this? Who's going to buy it? Undiscriminating Jennifer Jones fanatics? Are there possibly thousands of them out there?

I've never seen either version, one of the holes in my P&P viewing experience. Is this really not worth it at all?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 pm 

Damn. I was really hoping they’d at least do seamless branching between The Wild Heart and Gone to Earth versions if not providing both in full. I loved this film from a 35mm screening of the UK cut at Pacific Film Archive a couple years back. I’ll hold off picking it up until a UK company does a release of P&P’s original.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:31 pm 

Irma La Douce (1963) is coming from Kino Lorber. Brand New 4K Restoration!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:14 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Ashirg wrote:
Irma La Douce (1963) is coming from Kino Lorber. Brand New 4K Restoration!

Good lord, finally

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:23 pm 

MisterLime says Kino has Bunuel's Los Olvidados.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47