It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 pm 

So much for The Good, the Bad and the Wookie: A Star Wars Story...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:51 pm 

So weird to see the press adopting "A Star Wars Story" as part of the title when the last film didn't actually use it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:02 pm 

The photoshops of this have been pretty great if you're into that sort of thing.

The reveal with the sign feels comical to me. It's meant to be a big reveal but it just sort of sputters of of the gate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:15 am 

Ribs wrote:
So weird to see the press adopting "A Star Wars Story" as part of the title when the last film didn't actually use it.

All the marketing materials, posters, novelization, trailers, etc. used the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story moniker but you are correct that the actual title card simply said "Rogue One" (and in a rather bland font). I wonder if Solo will simply say "Solo" for the title card though. Somehow, it just doesn't seem to carry as much weight on its own.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:53 am 

Wouldn't want anyone to confuse it with any other film which perhaps has the same name...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:59 pm 

Rian Johnson to create New Star Wars Trilogy.

They must have really liked The Last Jedi huh?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:21 pm 

They're also developing a full on, live action Star Wars show for the Disney streaming service. George Lucas had Matthew Graham write 100 episodes of his vision of a Star Wars show, and that won't be this, obviously, but it'll be interesting to see if they try and draw on that lore in any way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:39 pm 

Quote:
Johnson’s trilogy—being produced with Ram Bergman—will be separate from the Skywalker Saga of the prequel, original, and sequel trilogies, and will “introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.”

Exciting news! My biggest complaint about these new movies is how heavily they've relied on the original trilogy. I just hope Disney doesn't interfere too much and really lets Johnson make something interesting and original, though I may be being too optimistic here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:14 pm 

Ribs wrote:
They're also developing a full on, live action Star Wars show for the Disney streaming service. George Lucas had Matthew Graham write 100 episodes of his vision of a Star Wars show, and that won't be this, obviously, but it'll be interesting to see if they try and draw on that lore in any way.

I bet they will. I know they've drawn on some of it for the animated series Star Wars Rebels and (in a very minor way) for the two post-Lucas live action movies (in developing the idea of the "Church of the Force").

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46