Hercules Against The Moon Men
Prince Of Space
The Killer Shrew with Short Junior Rodeo Daredevils

3 Bonus Shorts:
Assignment: Venezuela
Century 21 Calling
A Case Of Spring Fever
===================
Especially now that Shout admitted they can't get the rights to the other films, I wish these re-releases weren't done in a poor budget manner. I'd much rather pay the $15 MSRP extra to get new extras / packaging / menus /etc. Oh well.

Has there been any fan art for these re-release episodes, that would at least make for suitable alternatives if I were to get slimcases? Something like this.

Also, I still have no idea how to organize my MST3K episodes. I tried by airdate, but its just resulted in a huge mess where I can never find anything + have to lookup where it goes back. I think I'm going to go with alphabetical.

Minkin

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000

#277 Post by Minkin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:35 am

In case you don't feel like having a Netflix account, Shout is releasing the Netflix season on DVD or a $100 Blu-ray set.....

Minkin

#278 Post by Minkin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:23 pm

Re-release of the Rhino single episode DVDs, all collected into a nice collection!

The Crawling Hand
The Hellcats
Santa Claus Conquers The Martians
Eegah
I Accuse My Parents
Shorts Volume 3

Minkin

#279 Post by Minkin » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:11 am

We finally bought a Roku, as cable will be ditched (goodbye TCM / MeTv) this year once the contract ends. I added a bunch of the free channels to see what all was available - when I discovered Pluto.tv! Rather amazingly, they have 24 hour MST3K and Rifftrax channels - and for Rifftrax, they play alot of episodes that are otherwise not on Amazon Prime / available outside of purchasing them - such as Psycho II and The Apple.

For those who don't have Roku (or whatever other streaming device it works on), you can also watch it online at the Pluto website. Do note that there are commercials (but at leasts its free).

We're still very slowly making our way through the new season of MST3K (3 episodes in) - and I'm still not enjoying it.

Werewolf by Night

#280 Post by Werewolf by Night » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:10 pm

Minkin wrote:We're still very slowly making our way through the new season of MST3K (3 episodes in) - and I'm still not enjoying it.
We gave up after 2. I’m happy a new generation can have their bots and their movie sign, but me, I’d rather just watch Devil Fish or Beginning of the End for the 12th or 13th time. It just doesn’t have the same seat-of-the-pants, shoestring-budget, upper-Midwest feel anymore.

mfunk9786

#281 Post by mfunk9786 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm

And the 2nd one is the best of the season! But I agree that it feels a little scattershot at times, in the writing and in the speed and quantity of the riffs. I am going to assume that Joel knows well enough about what he's doing to make some adjustments for Season 2. It is still better than 99% of the stuff that has ever been rebooted through Kickstarter.