Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Rodney Rothman et al., 2018)

Discuss films of the 21st century including current cinema, current filmmakers, and film festivals.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Rodney Rothman et al., 2018)

#1 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:18 pm

Trailer for Lord and Miller's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse... uh, I certainly wasn't expecting this to look good

Big Ben

Re: Marvel Comics on Film

#2 Post by Big Ben » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:13 pm

domino harvey wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:18 pm
Trailer for Lord and Miller's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse... uh, I certainly wasn't expecting this to look good
This has pretty much been the reception I've seen from Film Twitter which bitches about everything. It looks really really good!

knives

#3 Post by knives » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Looks cute.

bearcuborg

#4 Post by bearcuborg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Into the Spider-verse is the most spect ... ever seen

Says Leonard Maltin. I guess I have to go see this now...

dda1996a

#5 Post by dda1996a » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:11 am

It's not "amazing" but it's the most fun I've had in a superhero film in the past five years at least, it's the best animated film of 2018 and it's a pretty great film as is. And you get Spider-Ham and a Nic Cage Spider-Noir

bearcuborg

#6 Post by bearcuborg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:32 am

dda1996a wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:11 am
It's not "amazing" but it's the most fun I've had in a superhero film in the past five years at least, it's the best animated film of 2018 and it's a pretty great film as is. And you get Spider-Ham and a Nic Cage Spider-Noir
I found this pretty enjoyable, even with expectations set pretty high based on the ever trustful Leonard Maltin.

It’s a visual juggernaut, no doubt about it...with no other comic book adaptation having such a feel for the source material. I would implore anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, to do so in 3D.

I even dug the hip-hop soundtrack. Yet, I was a little annoyed with the pacing as the finale didn’t deliver any kinda oompf already seen earlier in the film...but that’s a minor qualm. The Stan Lee stuff was very touching too.

The Pachyderminator

#7 Post by The Pachyderminator » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:25 pm

I recently caught up with Into the Spider-Verse and it's shockingly good. Man, if we could get three superhero movies a year that solid on the visual and dramatic levels, Hollywood would be well on its way to recovery.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#8 Post by tenia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:45 am

The Pachyderminator wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:25 pm
I recently caught up with Into the Spider-Verse and it's shockingly good. Man, if we could get three superhero movies a year that solid on the visual and dramatic levels, Hollywood would be well on its way to recovery.
Pretty much my view too. It's quite some steps above most of the recent superheroes movies and in a way, I'm glad to see that's the best nominated movie who got an Academy Award, and not the awful Black Panther or the superboring Infinity War.