Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, 2019)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
Big Ben

Re: Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, 2019)

#426 Post by Big Ben » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:32 pm

flyonthewall2983 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:28 pm
This is ridiculous minutiae but is the "..." part of the official title, or just in the posters?
I believe it's part of the title. Imdb lists it as such.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#427 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:55 pm

That question led me to look again and see that the title is written two different ways on the poster itself!

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#428 Post by mfunk9786 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 am

mfunk9786 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:36 am
I should inquire: What is the title of this film? Tarantino calls it Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood above, the marketing image on the film's Twitter account and in the trailer calls it Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood, and then of course there's the ellipsis-free Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Has a consensus just not really emerged? I'm inclined to say that the tie goes to the director.
Continues to baffle me. Continue to feel as though the tie goes to that Tarantino letter until the actual title card from the film hits the eyes of this forum's modship

Reverend Drewcifer

#429 Post by Reverend Drewcifer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:06 am

What is the title of this film? Why are the ellipses different?
"When asked for an explanation of the film's title's spelling during a news conference at the Cannes Film Festival, Tarantino said, "I'm never going to explain that".When pushed on it, Tarantino would not explain the first u in Inglourious, but said, "The Basterds? That's just the way you say it: Basterds." Tarantino later stated in an interview that the misspelled title is "a Basquiat-esque touch." He further commented on Late Show with David Letterman that Inglourious Basterds is a "Quentin Tarantino spelling."
He's such an artiste. /s

swo17

#430 Post by swo17 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:14 am

I'm of the opinion that the title is Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and any inclusion of ellipses is simply a matter of stylization. I also wouldn't be surprised if the title ends up being stylized differently during the opening and closing credits.