Shout! Factory / Scream Factory

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.
DRW.mov

Re: Shout! Factory / Scream Factory

#1051 Post by DRW.mov » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Scream announced William Castle’s THE TINGLER and STRAIT-JACKET for blu on Aug 21st

Looks like beyond Warner they’re now working with Sony too. Expect those Carpenter Twilight Time titles (and probably Fright Night) to resurface soon....

willoneill

#1052 Post by willoneill » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:23 pm

DRW.mov wrote:Looks like beyond Warner they’re now working with Sony too. Expect those Carpenter Twilight Time titles (and probably Fright Night) to resurface soon....
Plus maybe a special edition of Carpenter's Starman.

AfterTheRain

#1053 Post by AfterTheRain » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Survive! is coming out on Blu-ray July 26th. It's a Paramount title, but I can't say for sure if Shout/Scream has a deal with them currently.

dwk

#1054 Post by dwk » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:56 pm

Scream announced a new trio of steelbooks: Army of Darkness, The Howling, and Lifeforce. And the Lifeforce re-release will have a new 4K scan of both cuts
...The Blu-rays included inside will have the same content (but with different disc label art) that is currently available in their respective Collector Edition releases. The exception to this is LIFEFORCE—which we’re pleased to announce that we’ve been the green-light to do brand-new 4K film transfers on both versions of the film!

dwk

#1055 Post by dwk » Wed May 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Return of the Living Dead Part II Blu-ray on August 14th.
Extras and specs are still in progress and will be announced later in early July. However, we can confirm today that we will be doing a brand-new HD film transfer and will be correcting the soundtrack issues that were present on the previous DVD release.
Hope they get Doug Benson for an interview or commentary track.

The Unborn Blu-ray also on August 14th.
Brainscan Blu-ray on August 28th.

The Elegant Dandy Fop

#1058 Post by The Elegant Dandy Fop » Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 pm

What's the story with Shout Factory's encoding? I just got Of Unknown Origin, which says it comes from a new 2K master, but it often looks digital and filled with artifacts. I know it can't be Warner as their 2K masters licensed to Criterion or released on Warner Archive look spectacular. I'm always reluctant to get Shout Factory discs as they can look lousy, but I can't see there being much of an excuse for this in 2018. Although I did appreciate the interview with the guy who gets his head blown up in Scanners, the picture quality is a real let down.

dadaistnun

#1059 Post by dadaistnun » Thu May 17, 2018 5:55 am

My order from Amazon just shipped. Hopefully they’ll replace copies bought from other vendors, not just SF as that linked statement implies.

perkizitore

#1060 Post by perkizitore » Thu May 17, 2018 9:41 am

Nice, Amazon will not let me cancel my pre-order...

Feego

#1061 Post by Feego » Thu May 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Extras announced for The Curse of the Cat People:
NEW Audio Commentary With Author/Historian Steve Haberman
Audio Commentary With Historian Greg Mank, With Audio Interview Excerpts With Actress Simone Simon
NEW Lewton’s Muse: The Dark Eyes Of Simone Simon – A Video Essay By Filmmaker Constantine Nasr (Shadows In The Dark: The Val Lewton Legacy)
NEW Audio Interview With Ann Carter, Moderated By Tom Weaver
Theatrical Trailers
Still Gallery