Julien Duvivier

Discussion and info on people in film, ranging from directors to actors to cinematographers to writers.

Moderator: DarkImbecile

Stefan Andersson

Re: Julien Duvivier

#101 Post by Stefan Andersson » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:27 am

Recent tweet from Pathé in France -- restoration of La belle équipe underway, for release in 2016:
https://twitter.com/pathefilms/status/6 ... 5474931712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#102 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:56 am

knives wrote:With all of the hubabaloo going on in the '30s thread now would probably be the opportune time to ask what's the deal with the separate cuts of Anna Karenina. All I know is the there is multiple cuts out there and the one on American DVD is the shorter one.
Seeing as the Eclipse set is giving people le feu aux fesses for all things Duviv I thought I'd update re Anna Karenina.
After a few attempts to get the long version I eventually found an EARLIER Studio Canal release Serial no DO 38132 which definitively carries the 134 min version.

Terrific news re Belle Equipe lets hope it's Pathe's belle équipe that handled the resto and not the other monkeys.

Quot

#103 Post by Quot » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:31 am

What's the runtime for Un carnet de bal? And, is La belle équipe going to feature both endings?

david hare

#104 Post by david hare » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:00 am

NABOB OF NOWHERE wrote:
knives wrote:With all of the hubabaloo going on in the '30s thread now would probably be the opportune time to ask what's the deal with the separate cuts of Anna Karenina. All I know is the there is multiple cuts out there and the one on American DVD is the shorter one.
Seeing as the Eclipse set is giving people le feu aux fesses for all things Duviv I thought I'd update re Anna Karenina.
After a few attempts to get the long version I eventually found an EARLIER Studio Canal release Serial no DO 38132 which definitively carries the 134 min version.

Terrific news re Belle Equipe lets hope it's Pathe's belle équipe that handled the resto and not the other monkeys.
Yes, the "Special" Lab Eclair mosaic tile technique presented to you by Gaumont.

Here we go again, again but yes the Oz DVD of the Duviv Karenina is definitely the 134 minute version.

Ann Harding

#105 Post by Ann Harding » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:33 am

Le Petit roi, one of Duvivier's rarest picture is now out on DVD from René Chateau (R2). (Le Paquebot Tenacity is also available from them).

Fred Holywell

#106 Post by Fred Holywell » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:34 pm

Duvivier's "Marianne, meine Jugendliebe," the German version of his "Marianne de ma jeunesse," is now available on R2 DVD from Pidax Film-Klassiker.

Last edited by Fred Holywell on Sun May 27, 2018 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#107 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:48 pm

Ann Harding wrote:Le Petit roi, one of Duvivier's rarest picture is now out on DVD from René Chateau (R2). (Le Paquebot Tenacity is also available from them).
Have you seen this Ann? Some reports would suggest a VHS rip quality.

Ann Harding

#108 Post by Ann Harding » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:01 am

NABOB OF NOWHERE wrote:
Ann Harding wrote:Le Petit roi, one of Duvivier's rarest picture is now out on DVD from René Chateau (R2). (Le Paquebot Tenacity is also available from them).
The print for LE PETIT ROI is OK. Good contrast and fairly sharp image. PAQUEBOT TENACITY however looks like a dupe, grainy and lacks sharpness.

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#109 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:44 am

Ann Harding wrote:
NABOB OF NOWHERE wrote:
The print for LE PETIT ROI is OK. Good contrast and fairly sharp image. PAQUEBOT TENACITY however looks like a dupe, grainy and lacks sharpness.
Great. Thanks for the info.

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#110 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Sat May 12, 2018 8:57 am

The Gaumont Blu-ray issues of Un tel Pere et Fils is not only the long version but has english subs. Similarly L' homme du jour.