Details by Film
BlackhatEuropean Theatrical Version
BlackhatU.S. Theatrical Version
Michael Mann (Thief, Collateral), the acclaimed auteur celebrated for his action panache and commitment to cinematic realism, turns his hand to depicting the high-stakes world of global cybercrime in Blackhat, a contemporary, ripped-from-the-headlines twist on the espionage thriller.
Chris Hemsworth (The Avengers, Extraction) stars as Nick Hathaway, a gifted hacker currently serving a lengthy prison sentence. When a Hong Kong nuclear plant goes into meltdown after its security is penetrated, Chinese army cybersecurity captain Chen Dawai (Leehom Wang, Lust, Caution) offers his old college roommate a deal: help identify and apprehend the culprit in exchange for his own freedom. What follows is a frenetic, globe-trotting race against time to avert disaster, fraught with hidden agendas and ever-shifting loyalties.
Praised for its unusually accurate portrayal of cybersecurity, Blackhat boasts an impressive international cast, including Tang Wei (Decision to Leave), Viola Davis (The Woman King) and Yorick van Wageningen (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), and showcases one of cinema's finest filmmakers bringing the skills he honed during a long and storied career to bear on a distinctly 21st-century phenomenon.
- Brand new audio commentary by critics Bryan Reesman and Max Evry
- Firewall - brand new video interview with cinematographer Stuart Dryburgh
- Zero Day Threat - brand new video interview with production designer Guy Hendrix Dyas
- The Cyber Threat
- On Location Around the World
- Creating Reality
- Image gallery
- Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Andrew Graves