Edition no. 108
Charles Bronson achieved superstar status in the 1970s with box-office successes such as The Mechanic, Mr. Majestyk, and Death Wish; and 1975’s Breakout was one of Bronson’s biggest hits.
Inspired by real events, this tense adventure thriller casts Bronson as a tough mercenary pilot hired to fly into Mexico on a rescue mission – only to discover the real plan is to break a wealthy convict from a notorious prison.
Co-starring his real-life wife Jill Ireland, along with Randy Quaid, John Huston and the ever-exceptional Robert Duvall, Breakout is a thrilling action-ride, all set to a terrific Jerry Goldsmith score.
- Audio commentary with film historian Paul Talbot, author of Bronson’s Loose! The Making of the ‘Death Wish’ Films and Bronson’s Loose Again! On the Set with Charles Bronson
- Filming ‘Breakout’ (1974, 6 mins): on-location report made for French television, featuring interviews with Charles Bronson and Emilio Fernandez
- Super 8 version: original cut-down home cinema presentation, with unique narration
- Original theatrical trailer
- TV spots
- Radio spots
- Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography