Edition no. 410
Jealousy, vengeance, obsession, cannibalism, and blood-drinking collide in Fascination, director Jean Rollin’s decadent fantasy of sex and death.
When a thief holes up in a remote château, taking two beautiful chambermaids hostage, the arrival of his accomplices and the château’s aristocratic owners leads to an orgy of violence and ritualistic bloodletting.
With its standout performance from Brigitte Lahaie (The Night of the Hunted), as the scythe-wielding Eva, and an evocative score from Philippe D’Aram (The Living Dead Girl), Fascination is one of the purest expressions of Rollin’s unique fantastique aesthetic.
- Audio commentary with Sylvia Kristel: From ‘Emmanuelle’ to Chabrol author Jeremy Richey (2023)
- Jean Rollin Introduces ‘Fascination’ (1998): filmed appraisal
- Rituals (2023): updated documentary on the making of Fascination by Rollin’s personal assistant, Daniel Gouyette, including interviews with key collaborators Natalie Perrey and Brigitte Lahaie
- The Music of ‘Fascination’ (2023): new presentation of an interview with composer Philippe D’Aram
- Newly edited archival interview with assistant director Natalie Perrey (2023)
- Critical appreciation by the author and film historian Virginie Sélavy (2023)
- Alternative sequences: two extended sex scenes
- Original theatrical trailer
- Image galleries: promotional and publicity material, and behind the scenes
- Virgins and Vampires (1999): documentary on Rollin, produced and directed by Andy Starke and Pete Tombs, featuring contributions from actors Monica Swinn and Brigitte Lahaie, Nigel Wingrove of Redemption Films, and Jean Rollin [Episode of Eurotika!]
- Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Vanessa Morgan, an archival introduction by Jean Rollin, a previously untranslated archival interview with Rollin, an archival interview with actor Fanny Magier, critic Daniel Bird on the film’s soundtrack, and full film credits