The Holy Mountain
The scandal of the 1973 Cannes Film Festival, The Holy Mountain is a sprawling phantasmagoria of sacrilegious visual excess and existential yearning.
Jodorowsky’s most ambitious film sees the director himself play The Alchemist, a guru who guides a troupe of pilgrims, each representing a planet of the Solar System, on a magical quest to Lotus Island where they must ascend the Holy Mountain in search of spiritual enlightenment.
The Holy Mountain is presented here newly restored in 4K with a selection of informative new interviews and extras which provide unprecedented insight into this momentous film.
- Audio commentary for The Holy Mountain by Alejandro Jodorowsky
- Jodorowsky Remembers The Holy Mountain, new interview
- New introduction for The Holy Mountain with Richard Peña
- Pablo Leder: Jodorowsky s Right Hand Man, Jodorowsky s personal assistant remembers his time spent with the director
- The A to Z of The Holy Mountain, a new video essay by writer Ben Cobb
- Deleted scenes with director's commentary
- The Tarot, a short film in which Alejandro Jodorowsky explains the secrets of the cards
- Original trailer for The Holy Mountain
- Image gallery for The Holy Mountain