Shout! Factory / Scream Factory

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
dwk

Re: Shout! Factory / Scream Factory

#1676 Post by dwk » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:53 pm

More February Blu-rays:
Summer School
Paranoiac
Alligator II
Lipstick
Slap Shot (Steelbook)
The Howling UHD

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#1677 Post by domino harvey » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:07 pm

Wow, Scream/Shout has better taste with their Paramount licenses than I ever expected. Def in for Summer School (how did this never get a Blu from Paramount in the first place?) and the unforgettable Lipstick

beamish14

#1678 Post by beamish14 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:13 pm

domino harvey wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:07 pm
Wow, Scream/Shout has better taste with their Paramount licenses than I ever expected. Def in for Summer School (how did this never get a Blu from Paramount in the first place?) and the unforgettable Lipstick

It's such a shame that Reiner's first two films, Enter Laughing and The Comic, STILL haven't even received DVD releases. The former in particular is just incredible, with Elaine May's performance being absolutely hysterical.

PfR73

#1679 Post by PfR73 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:49 pm

I wish SF would also release Summer Rental.

dwk

#1680 Post by dwk » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:39 pm

March titles that have leaked:
The Sword and the Sorcerer UHD
Nightmare (1964) Blu-ray
The Core Blu-ray

dwk

#1681 Post by dwk » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:34 am

Oh another Shout store exclusive is available Day the World Ended. And a number of titles have been added to their going OOP section

Finch

#1682 Post by Finch » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:35 pm

The Irish Folklore set of Tomm Moore's films has arrived and it's lovely designed but be aware that GKIDS have used foam hubs. The bonus disc was loose but the feature discs stayed in place. I know this is meant to be environment friendly but people less lucky than me might get or have already gotten severely scratched discs.

yoloswegmaster

#1683 Post by yoloswegmaster » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:57 pm

Full list of extras:
DISC ONE (4K UHD – Theatrical Version):

[*]NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative
[*]Audio Commentary With Director Lewis Teague And Actor Robert Forster

DISC TWO (BLU-RAY – Theatrical Version):

[*]NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative
[*]NEW Everybody In The Pool – An Interview With Actress Robin Riker
[*]NEW Wild In The Streets – An Interview With Director Lewis Teague
[*]NEW It Walks Among Us – An Interview With Screenwriter John Sayles
[*]NEW Luck Of The Gator – An Interview With Special Makeup Effects Artist Robert Short
[*]NEW Gator Guts, The Great River, And Bob – An Interview With Production Assistant, Now Famous Actor/Director/Producer, Bryan Cranston
[*]Audio Commentary With Director Lewis Teague And Actor Robert Forster
[*]Alligator Author – An Interview With Screenwriter John Sayles
[*]Additional Scenes From The TV Version
[*]Teaser Trailer (NEW 2K Scan)
[*]Theatrical Trailer (NEW 2K Scan)
[*]Trailers From Hell – Filmmaker Karyn Kusama (Jennifer’s Body) On ALLIGATOR
[*]TV Spots (NEW 2K Scan)
[*]ALLIGATOR Game Television Commercial
[*]NEW Newspaper Ad Still Gallery By Drive-In Asylum
[*]Still Gallery (Movie Stills, Movie Posters, Lobby Cards, And Behind-The-Scenes Photos)

DISC THREE (BLU-RAY – Television Version)

[*]The Extended TV Version In HD For The First Time (NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative With Additional Footage Scanned From An Internegative)

Finch

#1684 Post by Finch » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:47 pm

Interview with John Sayles - that's a nice get!

Tuppence

#1685 Post by Tuppence » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:26 am

It's odd that they decided to plump for a new Sayles piece when they already have one included from the previous release. Huge respect, however, to Bryan Cranston for doing an interview about his role as a production assistant and (reportedly) being responsible for the special effects of the beast's demise.

hearthesilence

#1686 Post by hearthesilence » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:06 pm

Nice! Apparently when Robert Forster died, Cranston tweeted that they first met on that film's set, and of course years later they would act together in Breaking Bad. I always loved that about Cranston, he always seemed like the good, earnest kid who did good and got big through dedication and years of hard work. I thought Malcolm in the Middle was the peak - he was absolutely wonderful in that series - but it was a great surprise to see him get so big with his later dramatic work.

Tuppence

#1687 Post by Tuppence » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:04 pm

I've just had another look, and Cranston didn't even receive an on-screen credit for his work. So it's even more impressive he's taken part.

Robert Chipeska

#1688 Post by Robert Chipeska » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:22 am

Reminds me of the story about Bill Paxton working the crew on Badlands (no credit either, so don't know if true.)

dwk

#1689 Post by dwk » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 pm

Shout has posted another site exclusive limited edition (1500 copies): The Brain Eaters (1958).

Finch

#1690 Post by Finch » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:38 am

Captain Clegg aka Night Creatures coming from Shout in April. Apparently the Hammers they released lately got fresh 2k transfers so this may prove to be superior to the Indicator, encoding snafus notwithstanding.

Finch

#1691 Post by Finch » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:55 am

Scream also seem to have UHDs of Happy Death Day and its' sequel on the dock for April. TWBB will be doing a happy dance.

Glowingwabbit

#1692 Post by Glowingwabbit » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:22 pm

Finch wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:38 am
Captain Clegg aka Night Creatures coming from Shout in April. Apparently the Hammers they released lately got fresh 2k transfers so this may prove to be superior to the Indicator, encoding snafus notwithstanding.
I'll wait for reviews but suddenly glad that Vol 6 has the empty 2nd disc holder for each title.

yoloswegmaster

#1693 Post by yoloswegmaster » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:37 pm

A listing has been found for an 4K release of 'Candyman' in April. There is no studio listed but the UPC code is very similar to that of other Shout Factory 4K titles, so expect it to be announced from them.

black&huge

#1694 Post by black&huge » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Finch wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:55 am
Scream also seem to have UHDs of Happy Death Day and its' sequel on the dock for April. TWBB will be doing a happy dance.
UHD announcement of the year.

dwk

#1695 Post by dwk » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:10 pm

yoloswegmaster wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:37 pm
A listing has been found for an 4K release of 'Candyman' in April. There is no studio listed but the UPC code is very similar to that of other Shout Factory 4K titles, so expect it to be announced from them.
Safe to assume that Arrow will releasing it in the UK, so, given the encodes on the Halloween 1-5 UHDs, it would be wise to wait for that one.

Glowingwabbit

#1696 Post by Glowingwabbit » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:12 pm

dwk wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:10 pm
yoloswegmaster wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:37 pm
Safe to assume that Arrow will releasing it in the UK, so, given the encodes on the Halloween 1-5 UHDs, it would be wise to wait for that one.
I haven't watched Halloween yet but I didn't notice any issues with the other 4. But I keep seeing posts like this.

Edit: I'll likely get the Arrow one anyway

dwk

#1697 Post by dwk » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:49 pm

The Shout Select Anne Bancroft Collection was added to the Going Out of Print section of Shout's store.

They also have another Shout Factory site exclusive: Bagdad Cafe: The Percy Adlon Collection (Sugarbaby, Bagdad Cafe, and Rosalie Goes Shopping)(limited to 1500 copies)

Finch

#1698 Post by Finch » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:23 pm

One thing in favour of the Shout Bluray of Candyman is that it is uncut whereas the Arrow is not and to my knowledge they haven't issued another pressing to amend that.

I'm probably down for the Happy Death Day 1 + 2 4ks as well despite not having seen the second film but it's already earned points in my book for going down a different path. Would that Blum would focus on more original or semi-original work with Landon than the dire canon continuations he's settled on with David Gordon Green. Hopefully the theatrical market post-Covid will make it financially desirable to return to different IP and lower budgets (I realise 2018 & 2021 Halloweens were still cheap at $10m but still).

knives

#1699 Post by knives » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:33 pm

Blum produces a lot of stuff each year. Just this year he’s got eight films on the docket.

therewillbeblus

#1700 Post by therewillbeblus » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:50 pm

Finch wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:23 pm
I'm probably down for the Happy Death Day 1 + 2 4ks as well despite not having seen the second film but it's already earned points in my book for going down a different path. Would that Blum would focus on more original or semi-original work with Landon than the dire canon continuations he's settled on with David Gordon Green. Hopefully the theatrical market post-Covid will make it financially desirable to return to different IP and lower budgets (I realise 2018 & 2021 Halloweens were still cheap at $10m but still).
I'd have to do a side-by-side revisit but I might like the second one even better- it's certainly wildly original and a safe blind-buy if you enjoyed the tone of the first. Also, don't sleep on the Landon/Blum collab Freaky that knives turned me onto recently