MoC Forthcoming, Wishlist, and Random Speculation

News on Eureka and Masters of Cinema.
SeizureMilk

Re: MoC Forthcoming, Wishlist, and Random Speculation

#4351 Post by SeizureMilk » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:06 am

Looks like the Zulawski trilogy is confirmed via E.E.'s tweet maker.
https://twitter.com/Eurekavideo/status/ ... 7426552832.
Thank you for reading.

SeizureMilk

#4352 Post by SeizureMilk » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:23 am

Wow, finally, hopefully this release means we'll get a Mondo Vision release as it started 2015 or 2016, right?

yoloswegmaster

#4353 Post by yoloswegmaster » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:21 am

Looks like we're getting Zulawski trilogy and Mr. Vampire collection:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I think that the Mr. Vampire set is only going to contain titles 2-4 as Irongod said that this boxset was going to contain only new titles.

therewillbeblus

#4354 Post by therewillbeblus » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:46 pm

tenia wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:42 am
I seem to remember them as slightly inferior to the first one but otherwise pretty much in the very same kind of result, so I'd say Yes.
I missed this - Thanks! Probably a best case scenario answer

SeizureMilk

#4355 Post by SeizureMilk » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:21 pm

yoloswegmaster wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:21 am
Looks like we're getting Zulawski trilogy
Wow, finally, hopefully this release means we'll get a Mondo Vision release as it started 2015 or 2016, right?

ryannichols7

#4356 Post by ryannichols7 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:43 pm

I'm really confused what's happening in this thread. anyway, Zulawski trilogy would make sense as to why there was no MOC releases the last two months

yoloswegmaster

#4357 Post by yoloswegmaster » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:17 am

They will also be releasing Ringo Lam's Burning Paradise, as well as adding 'Vampire vs Vampire' to the Mr. Vampire boxset (even though I don't recall it ever actually being a part of the Mr. Vampire series).

Finch

#4358 Post by Finch » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:40 am

Burning Paradise had already been teased before the new year so the only new announcement this week seems to be the Mr Vampire boxset.

criterionsnob

#4359 Post by criterionsnob » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:37 pm

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#4360 Post by swo17 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:25 pm

Are the three titles known or merely speculated to be Third Part of the Night, Diabel, and On the Silver Globe? Because the actors listed on the Amazon page are consistent with those first two

criterionsnob

#4361 Post by criterionsnob » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:40 pm

The running time listed is pretty close to the three of those added together, so it's hopefully those three.

Glowingwabbit

#4362 Post by Glowingwabbit » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:01 pm

swo17 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:25 pm
Are the three titles known or merely speculated to be Third Part of the Night, Diabel, and On the Silver Globe? Because the actors listed on the Amazon page are consistent with those first two
The teaser images they first tweeted out awhile ago were for those 3.

SeizureMilk

#4363 Post by SeizureMilk » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:23 pm

Glowingwabbit wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:01 pm
swo17 wrote:

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#4364 Post by tenia » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:31 pm

Glowingwabbit wrote:
swo17 wrote:
Also, Le chat qui fume are releasing a boxset with those 3 in France (plus the doc Escape from the Silver Globe).

The Fanciful Norwegian

#4365 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:32 pm

yoloswegmaster wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:17 am
They will also be releasing Ringo Lam's Burning Paradise, as well as adding 'Vampire vs Vampire' to the Mr. Vampire boxset (even though I don't recall it ever actually being a part of the Mr. Vampire series).
It was released as Mr. Vampire 5 in some territories (notably Japan), it has a bunch of cast members from the Mr. Vampire series reprising their roles, and—I suspect this was crucial when it came to including it in the boxset—it's a Golden Harvest film, unlike, say, Magic Cop and Mr. Vampire 1992 (the "other" Mr. Vampire 5s). And this is matter of personal taste, but I like it better than almost all of the numbered sequels, none of which were actually numbered sequels in Hong Kong anyway.

rapta

#4366 Post by rapta » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:31 am

I see that Carlotta are releasing Millennium Mambo 4K in France, I wonder if Eureka have this as their next MoC UHD? Would make entire sense, as Kino Lorber have the US rights, so no fear of Criterion barging in (unless another UK label got it of course, such as Arrow, Radiance, or Second Run).

Calvin

#4367 Post by Calvin » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:50 am

rapta wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:31 am
I see that Carlotta are releasing Millennium Mambo 4K in France, I wonder if Eureka have this as their next MoC UHD?
It's a Spectrum Films release, not Carlotta. Though I do agree that MoC is its most likely UK home.

rapta

#4368 Post by rapta » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:09 pm

Calvin wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:50 am
rapta wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:31 am
I see that Carlotta are releasing Millennium Mambo 4K in France, I wonder if Eureka have this as their next MoC UHD?
It's a Spectrum Films release, not Carlotta. Though I do agree that MoC is its most likely UK home.
Sorry, you're right! Think I was looking at a list of Carlotta releases at the same time and got confused there. Anyway, Spectrum have been releasing the same titles as UK labels like Eureka (Rich and Famous/Tragic Hero, Odd Couple, Burning Paradise, PTU, Wild Search, Raining in the Mountain, Full Alert, The Bride with White Hair etc), 88 Films (God of Gamblers, Ebola Syndrome) and Third Window (The Taste of Tea, Warped Forest/Funky Forest, Burning Buddha Man/Violence Voyager).

That said, there are plenty Spectrum have also done that I'm surprised a label like Eureka hasn't also got yet - Hu's All the King's Men (as well as Four Moods and The Wheel of Life), Yang's The Terrorisers, and a few Johnnie To films (Loving You, Lifeline, The Longest Nite, Expect the Unexpected, A Hero Never Dies). I guess with that last one there are so many To films to choose from...perhaps Radiance have one or two of his (perhaps a stretch, but they do have 'Hong Kong actioner' mentioned in their Members section).

L.A.

#4369 Post by L.A. » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:34 pm

***SPECIAL FEATURES UPDATE***

Very pleased to confirm that our forthcoming release of THE BULLET TRAIN will also feature a brand new interview with film writer Tatsuya Masuto and film critic Masaaki Nomura in addition to those extras already announced.

The Special Features now look like this:

SPECIAL EDITION BLU-RAY FEATURES*:
Limited Edition slipcase featuring new artwork by Tony Stella (First Print Run of 2000 copies) | 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K restoration of the original film elements | Original Japanese theatrical version and alternate dubbed International version included | Optional English subtitles | Brand new audio commentary by Jasper Sharp and Tom Mes | Brand new interview with author / critic Kim Newman | Brand new interview with Tony Rayns | "Big Movie, Big Panic: Junya Sato on The Bullet Train" archival featurette | Off the Rails: Junya Sato’s biographers on the making of The Bullet Train – Brand new interview with film writer Tatsuya Masuto and film critic Masaaki Nomura | Trailers | PLUS: A limited edition collectors booklet featuring a new essay by film writer Barry Forshaw (First Print Run of 2000 copies) *All extras subject to change

Pre-order THE BULLET TRAIN now https://bit.ly/3XGJoyP

Masuto and Nomura were also interviewed about another Junya Sato title to be announced later this year.

rapta

#4370 Post by rapta » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:06 pm

Reckon that upcoming Sato title is likely to be Golgo 13, especially as it's getting a US release from Diskotek Media this coming May. In fact, I'd be quite surprised if it wasn't!

dwk

#4371 Post by dwk » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:15 pm

Murders in the Zoo is going to be cut
Classified Date: 03/03/2023
Version: 2D
Use: Physical media + VOD/Streaming
Distributor: Eureka Entertainment Ltd

Cuts:

The distributor chose to make cuts to a sequence of animal cruelty. Cuts were made in accordance with BBFC Guidelines, policy, and the Video Recordings Act, 1984, which applies the standards of the Cinematograph Films (Animals) Act 1937.

EddieLarkin

#4372 Post by EddieLarkin » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:23 am

Anyone know what the offending moment would be? The runtime is listed as 8s shorter than the Shout Factory disc. Strangely, Eureka have apparently cut this themselves, which isn't usually something a boutique would ever do, especially when it comes to animal cruelty issues as the BBFC do seem very accommodating now when it comes to interpreting the law.

At the other forum, nobody seems sure what the offending moment could be, and the one suggestion is very clearly not in breach of the law...

Finch

#4373 Post by Finch » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:04 am

They teased Revenge again on Facepalm for Thursday.

yoloswegmaster

#4374 Post by yoloswegmaster » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:08 am

Cynthia Rothrock's The Blonde Fury is also being hinted at.

What A Disgrace

#4375 Post by What A Disgrace » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:59 pm

Fukusaku's Samurai Reincarnation, as well. Looks like this really is the year of Japanese genre films! I wonder which titles will be Masters of Cinema and which ones will be regular old Eureka.