How Now Brown Blu-rays

The scuttlebutt on Criterion, Eclipse, and Janus Films. Lists and polls are STRONGLY discouraged.
Glowingwabbit

Re: How Now Brown Blu-rays

#501 Post by Glowingwabbit » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:56 am

Thanks for the info everyone posted. I discovered I had 8 on the list without BVDL, and 6 were at various stages of browning.

Rayon Vert
Green is the Rayest Color

#502 Post by Rayon Vert » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:06 pm

I sent in my email yesterday with the pictures of the disc and I got a reply today, saying I'm in the queue and that the replacement will be shipped in 2 to 3 weeks. So sounds like it's a pretty quick process.

Brian C
I hate to be That Pedantic Guy but...

#503 Post by Brian C » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:48 pm

Yeah I got mine shipped out within a couple days. Criterion’s customer service really has been second to none in my experiences dealing with them.

Gregory

#504 Post by Gregory » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:28 pm

Same here. For years I thought I'd somehow been spared from the disc rot that affected this run of releases but then checked several more discs and realized that M and Bigger Than Life wouldn't play through. Criterion's handling of the replacement was so efficient and professional. I was ready for it to take three weeks or more (which I could have handled, of course) but the replacements came faster than just about any other mail I've received this year.
I've only requested one or two other replacements from Criterion in all these years. One of them they fouled up a bit: not noticing a few of my patient emails but later, when I was about to give up, responding and sending me the thing. So, because I've mentioned that experience some years ago, I'm duty-bound to give them all the points on this recent one.

Rayon Vert
Green is the Rayest Color

#505 Post by Rayon Vert » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:48 pm

I got mine within a week, a lot quicker than they said it'd be sent. Which reminds me I have to fast-forward through it to make sure it works before ditching the old one!