Paramount Catalog Titles on Blu

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
hearthesilence

Re: Paramount Catalog Titles on Blu

#476 Post by hearthesilence » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:31 pm

I haven't seen it in years, but Wonder Boys is probably my favorite Hanson film as well, and the cast - Douglas, Maguire, Downey Jr.,etc. - really are perfect. Sad story, but someone in the business once told me that he got a job on a Hanson project, much to his delight, only to be crushed when Hanson suddenly left the film because it was revealed that he had Alzheimer's (in actuality, a rare form of dementia) that made it impossible for him to continue. (I have no idea if it was already known he was ill or if something acute happened that spurred an examination.) I was shocked to hear this as he was still alive and I had no idea he was ill.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#477 Post by domino harvey » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:48 pm

I highly recommend (re)watching the movie alongside (re)reading the book. Neither quite nails their differences and there are things that work better in one medium and not the other, but together they’re fantastic

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#478 Post by domino harvey » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:57 pm

Spike Lee's concert film the Original Kings of Comedy also coming on the 10th-- now here is a movie I forgot existed!

therewillbeblus

#479 Post by therewillbeblus » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 am

Same, yet it was one of those titles on display at the local video store for (what seemed like) years so I sure never forgot it existed back then

Zaki

#480 Post by Zaki » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:14 pm

domino harvey wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:57 pm
captveg wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:53 pm
Quick reminder that if ordered from Amazon these barebone MOD catalog titles are BD-Rs, but they are pressed if ordered from other retailers like Deep Discount.
My copy of the Two Jakes from Amazon was pressed
I'm a bit confused: The Odd Couple (1968) is currently available on Amazon as "Blu-ray," while Deep Discount presents the available blu-ray as "Manufactured on Demand." Is there any hope of receiving a pressed blu-ray of The Odd Couple (1968), if ordered from Deep Discount?