Discuss TV shows old and new.
Mr Sausage

Re: Westworld

#51 Post by Mr Sausage » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:57 pm

Kracker wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:21 pm
Mr Sausage wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:44 pm
You didn't think the final shots of Dolores in the cloud (essentially) were meant to be read as hopeful, a new beginning for who were saved? That's how I took it.
with our other protagonists dead and humanity doomed outside, not very hopeful. Not to mention the server cloud not being able to run truly indefinitely without maintenance. Like i said, its an ending, just a bleak one for a bleak show. Would have been interesting to see them turn that around into something actually optimistic.
Dolores in the cloud embracing the infinite possibilities of a benevolent god, newly flush with cosmic empathy, with all of time and space at her disposal to create a truly good world after all petty, failed attempts across the previous seasons--I'd say that's the definition of hope, the chance to start anew, fix the mistakes.

It's not a happy ending, it's not a perfect ending, but it is a hopeful one.

flyonthewall2983

#52 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:12 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do a movie-finale a la Deadwood if they can wrap everything up that way.

Kracker

#53 Post by Kracker » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:29 pm

Yeah that'd be a good idea. Cant help but think the reason why it was cancelled was because HBO wasn't liking Nolan's plan for Season 5 that much and didn't think it justified doing one more season. Like someone pointed out, there's was hardly anywhere for the series to go, so unless Nolan had something to fill out another season, it wasn't going be given a go.

therewillbeblus

#54 Post by therewillbeblus » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:04 am

It looks like HBO Max will be pulling all episodes from their streaming service following cancellation

flyonthewall2983

#55 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:37 pm

Sounds like they are testing out the idea of a free channel such like the ones Amazon and a few other services have as far as free tiers and so forth.

It’s dumb as rocks but maybe it will get that Zaslav out sooner if they pull something that was maybe one of their most expensive productions.