White Fire

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

DarkImbecile
Ask me about my visible cat breasts

White Fire

#1 Post by DarkImbecile » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:20 am

Robert Ginty (The Exterminator) and Belinda Mayne (Krull) play Bo and Inga, brother and sister jewel thieves who target the legendary ‘White Fire’ diamond — a priceless rock so hot it actually burns those who try to lay their hands on it!

When tragedy strikes, Bo undertakes an outrageous plan involving plastic surgery and explosives to infiltrate the mine where the diamond awaits. Bo’s plan hits an unexpected snag with the arrival of smooth-talking badass Noah Barclay, played by Fred Williamson (From Dusk ‘Til Dawn). Noah’s hunting for a missing prostitute — and he thinks Bo and Inga hold the key to her disappearance!

Erotic filmmaker Jean-Marie Pallardy (Erotic Diary of a Lumberjack) brings his kinky touch to high octane action in this infamous exploitation epic, complete with chainsaw mayhem, awkward brotherly love, and a very ‘80s theme song by the band Limelight!

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
  • Original Mono audio - Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Feature length audio commentary by critic Kat Ellinger
  • Surviving The Fire: a brand new interview with writer-director Jean-Marie Pallardy
  • Enter The Hammer: a brand new interview with actor Fred Williamson
  • Diamond Cutter: a brand new interview with editor Bruno Zincone
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors' booklet featuring new writing on the film by film historian and author Julian Grainger

colinr0380

Re: White Fire

#2 Post by colinr0380 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:32 pm

Oh God, I've seen the Best of the Worst episode about this film, which has perhaps the most awkward brother-sister relationship in cinema (one that gives incest a bad name), plus an attempt to Vertigo (or Behind The Candelabra?) another woman into looking like the sister later on! But I still kind of want to see the full film though!

"This is creepy" "Yeah, you don't want to bring in the love ballad when...."
Last edited by colinr0380 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#3 Post by tenia » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:49 pm

For those looking for a very bad French movie, this is a legend within French movies.

zedz

#4 Post by zedz » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:56 pm

Yep, this was (adopts Switchblade Sisters voice) reeeal baad. My wife thought it was The Room bad, but she was drunk when we watched it and nearly choked with laughter a couple of times. I can verify that it does have line-readings fully as terrible as the worst of Wiseau (especially the largely irrelevant female villain). Worth a look if you're a connoisseur of real trash cinema. This has got plenty of random plot elements, silly art direction (e.g. a mine that looks like the cheapest super-villain lair ever conceived, with characters wearing the Superman costume their mother made them for Halloween that they were too ashamed to wear because Mum didn't actually know what Superman looked like. Fortunately, the people involved in this movie had no conception of shame.) The trashy through-line that holds everything together and elevates / sinks it to a truly memorable level is - what else? - incest.
SpoilerShow
A brother and sister united by a plot-device tragedy grow up very close. When she abruptly dies, he does a Scotty from Vertigo to recreate his dead sister for the sake of a scam, but the subtext (buried barely an onion skin deep) is that FINALLY! he has a sister he can fuck.

colinr0380

#5 Post by colinr0380 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:03 pm

Although even before that he was getting very close with his actual sister, given that his last interaction with her before her death was stripping her naked by 'playfully' stealing her towel and complimenting her on her body.

zedz

#6 Post by zedz » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:44 pm

colinr0380 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:03 pm
Although even before that he was getting very close with his actual sister, given that his last interaction with her before her death was stripping her naked by 'playfully' stealing her towel and complimenting her on her body.
And saying, "it's a shame you're my sister"!