Indian Films on DVD/Blu-ray

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
L.A.

Indian Films on DVD/Blu-ray

#1 Post by L.A. » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:09 pm

There is one DVD that I'm interested in at the moment, including two patriotic Bengali-language films from 1949 (some sources say these are from 1951 or at least one of them) called Chattogram Astragar Lunthan / Biyallish (42). Especially Chattogram... sounds fascinating, based on the Chittagong armoury raid that occurred in 1930.

Tried the Indian Amazon but to no avail. Of course there is Induna.com but they ship via courier so wouldn't want to pay too much for shipment costs since the DVD itself costs like 2,00€.

Do you have any recommendations of good online-stores in India where the shipping isn't too high?

chatterjees

Re: Indian Films on DVD/Blu-ray

#2 Post by chatterjees » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:08 pm

I actually have that DVD. Unfortunately, I got it in person when I last visited home. From here in USA, I actually use induna.com when I have to buy something and ship it to my mom. Then, either a friend or a family member brings the items with them when they visit, or I pick it up when I go there!

How much does the DVD cost? 2.00 or 2,00? I paid Rs. 200, which is at max $3.00! If you pay me that much, I will send you my copy :wink:
Try this link https://www.calcuttaweb.com/store/chatt ... han-42-dvd. I mostly use this site to send gifts to Kolkata. It says the item qualifies for free shipping too.

L.A.

#3 Post by L.A. » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:24 pm

^ Thank you for your reply. I'll take a look at Calcuttaweb.

L.A.

#4 Post by L.A. » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:15 am

Prabhat Classics 10 DVD Set

Possibly OOP but taking suggestions of online shops that might still have this. Anyone?

The film from the collection that I'm really excited about is Ayodhyecha Raja / The King of Ayodhya (1932).

L.A.

#5 Post by L.A. » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:25 pm

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***
Coming soon from Massacre Video!

“Mahakaal” AKA “The Monster” (1994) featuring a new 2K scan from the original camera negatives, with the coloring process already underway!

Trailer: https://youtu.be/i9Mu1zsaYKc