Martin Scorsese Presents Masterpieces of Polish Cinema

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: Martin Scorsese Presents Masterpieces of Polish Cinema

#176 Post by swo17 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:41 am

Where are you all finding your tracking information?

theflirtydozen

#177 Post by theflirtydozen » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:56 am

vertovfan wrote:I ordered mine on December 11, shipped to Illinois. The package was accepted at the post office in Poland on December 16, processed through a facility in Warsaw on December 26, and processed through a facility in New York on January 9. Slow going for some reason this time around, but seems like it's still on its way.
I placed my order on the 11th as well and I received my package (also shipped to Illinois) last Wednesday. So I'd say yours should be arriving soon! As others have mentioned, you might want to try checking USPS tracking with the same ID number they gave you for the Polish tracking.

nick
grace thought I was a failure

#178 Post by nick » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:18 pm

A tracking number was provided in an email when they shipped my set from Poland. The tracking number works on both the Polish post office website and USPS. My package shows leaving Poland but never arriving in the US. I chalked it up to holiday delays at first but after not seeing any movement I emailed them a couple days ago to inquire. They offered to ship another package out or I could wait while they file a claim and see if anything shows up. I opted to wait and see if either post office finds the package and if not to get another one sent. These things happen but I was glad to find that they seem pretty easy to work with regarding mishaps in transit.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#179 Post by swo17 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:22 pm

I never got an email. (Or maybe it went straight to my junk mail, in which case it's already been deleted.) I can see the order in my PayPal history though.

vertovfan

#180 Post by vertovfan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:32 pm

The shipping email was sent from store@prpgnd.net, if that helps.

theflirtydozen

#181 Post by theflirtydozen » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:39 pm

swo17 wrote:I never got an email. (Or maybe it went straight to my junk mail, in which case it's already been deleted.) I can see the order in my PayPal history though.
Mine went to junk mail, which of course was the last place I checked after about a week of being in the dark. Perhaps you could email them for the tracking number again if you're concerned? Most if not all of their emails and even their whole website, it seems, were English friendly so I'd expect you wouldn't have any problem asking for it.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#182 Post by swo17 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:41 pm

I suppose I'm not overly concerned yet.

chiendent

#183 Post by chiendent » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:01 pm

I hadn't seen any tracking updates since Dec 20 and was getting worried but last night it finally updated to say my package was in New York.

Lowry_Sam

#184 Post by Lowry_Sam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:09 am

I received the notice that it shipped on the 19th (order placed on the 11th) & last tracking was in Warsaw on 12/26. So I sent off an email & they told me the same thing (they filed an inquiry & said I could have a 2nd shipped or get refunded). Right after I got my reply from them, I get an update on USPS that it arrived in Jamaica NY @ 8:30 PM on 1/10.

Oedipax

#185 Post by Oedipax » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:06 am

Mine's been "preparing shipment" (though it was actually processed through one facility in Poland) since January 6.

nick
grace thought I was a failure

#186 Post by nick » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 am

Last night I received a notice that mine just showed up in Jamaica NY as well so perhaps the holidays were to blame for the long delay. Glad I didn't have them ship out another one.

chatterjees

#187 Post by chatterjees » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:46 pm

My box finally showed up today in an unharmed condition. God know where it was hiding from Dec 20 to Jan 7.

chiendent

#188 Post by chiendent » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Mine arrived yesterday (in California), haven't seen packing peanuts in a while but the box is fine!

vertovfan

#189 Post by vertovfan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Mine arrived this morning, in perfect shape. I've been waiting to watch Wesele until this set comes out, so that'll be first up!

Oedipax

#190 Post by Oedipax » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:21 pm

Mine finally made it to the mainland! January 6 processed in Poland, January 19 processed in New York \:D/

jsteffe

#191 Post by jsteffe » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:36 am

Ugh. Mine got sent to Atlanta (where I live) but was never delivered. It kept bouncing around and now it got sent back to Poland. Fortunately, Milestone should be selling their copies soon so I'll just order it from them to avoid problems.

jsteffe

#192 Post by jsteffe » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:43 pm

jsteffe wrote:Ugh. Mine got sent to Atlanta (where I live) but was never delivered. It kept bouncing around and now it got sent back to Poland. Fortunately, Milestone should be selling their copies soon so I'll just order it from them to avoid problems.
The package arrived back at their office in Poland. They sent me a photo of the address on the package, and it was correct. Something clearly went wrong on this end with the postal service... It's odd, because it's literally the first time I have had a problem receiving a package from overseas. At my request they immediately issued a refund, which I certainly appreciate.

So Milestone it is...

Oedipax

#193 Post by Oedipax » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Damn. I'm in Atlanta as well and no updates to my tracking number since the 19th. Hopefully it turns up sometime this week, otherwise I'm afraid the same thing will probably have happened. Fingers crossed. I usually don't have any problems either - the worst has been packages that I didn't know would require a signature that I then had to go pick up from the package center, which isn't that big of a deal once in while.

drdoros

#194 Post by drdoros » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:29 pm

http://milestonefilms.com/products/mart ... a-volume-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now available at http://www.milestone.film" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, Masterpieces of Polish Cinema, Volume 3!

Oedipax

#195 Post by Oedipax » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:22 pm

I regret not going with Milestone for vol 3 as I did with 1 and 2.

My Polish set has now advanced to Flushing, NY from ISC New York (it only took 8 days to get there, according to the tracking!) At that rate it'll be in Atlanta sometime this summer.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#196 Post by domino harvey » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Hey, you can't spell "late" without ATL

jsteffe

#197 Post by jsteffe » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:03 am

Oedipax wrote:I regret not going with Milestone for vol 3 as I did with 1 and 2.

My Polish set has now advanced to Flushing, NY from ISC New York (it only took 8 days to get there, according to the tracking!) At that rate it'll be in Atlanta sometime this summer.
That doesn't bode well. How badly do you want volume 3? You may want to consider just ordering from Milestone and selling the other copy if it ever arrives.

I think something weird is going on with international parcels in the U.S., because it also took me two months to receive a book from Armenia.

Oedipax

#198 Post by Oedipax » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:02 pm

Yeah, it doesn't sound very encouraging. It did update again yesterday (saying it 'departed' Flushing) and again today (in transit to destination) so fingers crossed.

To be honest at this point even the thought of whether or not these titles arrive or I ever have the free time to watch them seems frivolous. But that's for the l'art de la guerre politique thread I suppose.

Oedipax

#199 Post by Oedipax » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Update: My volume 3 successfully arrived today!* \:D/

*Although I don't have it in hand yet (idiosyncrasies of my apartment's mail room ](*,) ).

jsteffe

#200 Post by jsteffe » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:05 pm

That's good to hear. I finally received my copy--from Milestone, two days after I placed the order with them.