News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

Cash Flagg

Re: Where's My Arrow Order?

#376 Post by Cash Flagg » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:37 pm

Grand Wazoo wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:02 pm
I have yet to receive that or Sailor Suit & Machine Gun
I received a package today with Sailor Suit, Far Country, slipless CHUD and non LE 4Ks of Cat O'Nine Tails and Bird with Crystal Plumage, but have no ProStar deliveries pending.

Adam X

#377 Post by Adam X » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:24 am

C.H.U.D. never had a slipcover, so silver lining?

Cash Flagg

#378 Post by Cash Flagg » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:17 pm

Adam X wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:24 am
C.H.U.D. never had a slipcover, so silver lining?
I had just assumed that was the difference between the previous and the new edition, as I hadn't looked closely at the latter when it arrived, but it turns out the new edition is missing the second disc with the theatrical cut.

Cash Flagg

#379 Post by Cash Flagg » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:26 am

Via email:
So both [The Hills Have Eyes UHD and Phantom of the Mall] should hopefully be with you soon, both had to be shipped out via our UK warehouse so this has taken a little longer than the usual turnaround time for your perks but they should be arriving soon (and should be in the same package)

Adam X

#380 Post by Adam X » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:07 pm

At least it sounds like they’re starting to sort through the mess made by the recent website transition.

Has anyone ordered from them since their previous sale and had a decent experience again. I’d like to order the Arrow-exclusive edition of Don’t Go in the House, but not sure I trust them enough to follow through anymore.

fdm

#381 Post by fdm » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:16 am

I don't do pre-orders any more (or box sets), but I did place a very small sale order the other day. They still claim I'm going to get tracked shipping to the US, and now they also add my state's sales tax to the order on top of VAT. Is that even legal?

Adam X

#382 Post by Adam X » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:47 am

Since the Australian “government” decided to impose their sales tax on various international webstores, that’s been an issue whenever buying from a number of places. Adding VAT just makes it …

It’s not not legal.

fdm

#383 Post by fdm » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:07 am

There oughta be a law. At least I actually did get tracked shipping this time.

eerik

#384 Post by eerik » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:02 am

Decided to get rid of the reward points I had left on my ArrowFilms.com account (as after the mess I had last year, I am almost certain not to order directly from Arrow again). My points covered two thirds of the cost, but still had to declare and pay local VAT for the whole amount, because the order details on Arrow's store don't show the use of rewards discount at all. Okay, not a big deal, but then the replacement disc program happened, and I had to declare that package also, with no proof or documentation of the contents. Thankfully, it looks like I was able to declare it at 0.01 GBP value without having to pay any additional VAT. It definitely needed a human validation from my local customs authorities and I included a pdf of an email from Arrow regarding the replacement program, which ended up being enough, but I was ready for worse.

So, anyways, reasons for me not to order from Arrow directly/Zavvi/The Hut Group:
* double taxation, need to pay both UK and local VAT
* need to declare everything myself, which wouldn't necessarily be a problem (only takes a few minutes in general) if not for the next point
* Arrow's website is really poor at giving you "customs declaration friendly" information, especially when the order is split into multiple packages

At the same time, Amazon UK (who have none of the issues I listed for Arrow) are limiting the ability to order most of Arrow's newer releases outside the UK. As an alternative I have discovered RareWaves.com. They have reasonable shipping prices, are part of IOSS (i.e. seller takes care of taxes and customs), and have a very similar rewards program to Arrow.

pzadvance

#385 Post by pzadvance » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:24 pm

As a current mainland Europe resident, i was astonished to find my recent Arrow US purchase of the Tsukamoto box set only cost $1.50 to ship internationally and arrived within two weeks with no additional customs or import fees.

Conversely, an Arrow UK order starts European shipping at 7 GBP, and routinely gets lost, held up at customs, or charged import fees on delivery. Go figure!