Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

Thornycroft

Re: Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

#951 Post by Thornycroft » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:54 am

Telstar wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:13 pm
Daisies now sold out on the ArrowUK site.
The Second Run titles that were sold out a few hours ago are all back in stock now, Daisies included. Looks like they're replenishing stock fairly frequently at the moment.

Noiradelic

#952 Post by Noiradelic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:00 am

senseabove wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:19 pm
IME, Arrow's releases are always cheaper direct from Arrow during their sales than during any US retailer's sales.
Or from Zavvi due to the cheaper shipping. Though Arrow mainline sales a lot more common than Academy sales.

hearthesilence

#953 Post by hearthesilence » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:21 pm

Looks like they've restocked everything! Makes sense - defeats the purpose of an Easter sale if a lot of stuff is gone before Good Friday, much less Easter. I put in another order, but had I waited I could've saved myself £4 or possibly £6 due to shipping. I guess in the future, I'll refrain from buying right away and hold out for a re-stock.

dwk

#954 Post by dwk » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:51 am

So this is the opposite of a deal, but according to MVD's listing (and the Amazon pre-order) for Major Dundee, the MSRP is $99.95! Has to be a mistake in the listing, right?

L.A.

#955 Post by L.A. » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:03 am

Arrow's Easter Carnage Sale has been extended until April 19th.

yoloswegmaster

#956 Post by yoloswegmaster » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:34 am

dwk wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:51 am
So this is the opposite of a deal, but according to MVD's listing (and the Amazon pre-order) for Major Dundee, the MSRP is $99.95! Has to be a mistake in the listing, right?
Price for this is now $60 on MVD and Unobstructed View.However, I can't find the listings on Amazon.

DeprongMori

#958 Post by DeprongMori » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:08 pm

DiabolikDVD is offering pre-orders of Major Dundee at $41.99 at present, with no mention of MSRP.

Zavvi US is offering pre-orders at $40.99 at present, and lists the MSRP at $59.95.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#959 Post by Drucker » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:34 pm

Ordering from Arrow directly at today's exchange rates costs $55, and you get points. Seems like a wash.

JAP

#960 Post by JAP » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:03 pm

Boosmahn

#961 Post by Boosmahn » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:24 am

I just placed my biggest order ever with Arrow. It included Hanagatami from Third Window, The Fury, The Long Goodbye, Smash Palace (swayed by a recent viewing of The Quiet Earth), Heathers, Gas Food Lodging, The Andromeda Strain, Double Face, the Female Prisoner Scorpion set, Empathy, Inc., and [REC]. I was going to get the [REC] collection from Scream Factory, but it seems to be OOP.

Regarding The Fury, my opinion on Brian De Palma has changed greatly over time. The first film of his I watched was Sisters, which I was first disappointed by but gradually grew to appreciate (a third viewing is on the horizon); the second or third was Carrie; and the remaining film was the gloriously melodramatic Obsession, which I rewatched recently. As with Sisters, I didn't like Obsession that much on my first viewing, perhaps because I wasn't sure how to approach them on their own terms. He leaves a clear mark on each of his films, and I'd like to learn more about him. (Maybe it's about time I dug into the extensive extras on Carrie and the rest.)

RobertB

#962 Post by RobertB » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:48 pm

I placed an order last night as a guest for four items including the Kieslowski "Cinema of Conflict" box. When I pressed to pay after filling out my card details a message flashed on screen and then my cart was empty. Did the order go through, or was there a problem? No confirmation email, and the money isn't reserved with my bank. I emailed support this morning, but have not received a reply. Does Arrow usually send a confirmation email? The FAQ doesn't help me.

Boosmahn

#963 Post by Boosmahn » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:20 pm

Arrow usually sends confirmation emails, yes.

RobertB

#964 Post by RobertB » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:56 am

Looks like they are having some problem. Tried ordering again today but now I get the message:
We are experiencing a few technical issues with the Worldpay platform only for a few customers. If this page has appeared after you have completed payment, please contact support at arrowfilms.co.uk providing your purchase details.

No reply yet from the email I sent on Friday morning.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#965 Post by Drucker » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:59 pm

From an Arrow email two days ago:
Our third Dario Argento title on UHD was announced recently with Deep Red in both Limited Edition and Arte Originale Limited Edition. They're currently selling very fast with the Arte Originale already sold out in the US so make sure you pre-order and don't miss out!

Deep Red Limited Edition UHD - UK / US / CA

Deep Red Arte Originale Limited Edition UHD - UK / CA

Adam X

#966 Post by Adam X » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:32 pm

I just noticed that Arrow's UK website has been upgraded. Looks like it reflects the next stage in the great pulsating Hut Group absorption - the site looks much more like Zavvi's, booklet downloads appear to've vanished (for now anyway), and prices are up (significantly) across the board. Was already drifting away from ordering direct, but this seals it I think.

yoloswegmaster

#967 Post by yoloswegmaster » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:45 pm

If you placed a pre-order using Worldpay on the previous website, it has been cancelled. This is bad news for the people who had preordered the Deep Red Arte Originale 4K, as it's now sold out on the Arrow site. Not to mention that you can't see the specs for certain titles.

fdm

#968 Post by fdm » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:06 pm

Doesn't seem you can filter by label.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#969 Post by Drucker » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:52 pm

From Instagram:
**DEEP RED ART ORIGINALE 4K UHD PRE-ORDER UPDATE**

Cancelled DEEP RED ART ORIGINALE 4K UHD orders can now be reordered through our site. Please refer to your message centre for directions. Thank you for your patience and support.

Adam X

#970 Post by Adam X » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:29 pm

In other news, I found this post that details all the other ways they’ve “improved” their webstore.
Such as reward points now having a 1yr expiry date and making it more difficult to contact them directly.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#971 Post by swo17 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Nice sale at Ronin Flix including several Arrow titles. The code MOVIETIME gets you an additional 35% off the already discounted price, if you spend at least $50. I got the new Legend release for $24, which is like 52% off

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#972 Post by Drucker » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:46 pm

Adam X wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:29 pm
In other news, I found this post that details all the other ways they’ve “improved” their webstore.
Such as reward points now having a 1yr expiry date and making it more difficult to contact them directly.
It's honestly horrendous. My points have been erased (I pre-ordered Dune and Major Dundee and never used the points). Additionally, the coupon they sent me for the canceled pre-order of the Shaw Brothers box set isn't working.

yoloswegmaster

#973 Post by yoloswegmaster » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:52 pm

Arrow has a Shocktober sale running on their US and UK sites but it's a bit of a clusterfuck as you can't see the sale prices on the UK site if you're ordering outside of the UK.

willoneill

#974 Post by willoneill » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:24 pm

You can see the sale prices in you set the site to shipping to the UK, but if you try to check out and ship to North America, you lose those prices.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#975 Post by domino harvey » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Arrow's site sucking is the least shocktobering thing ever