Where's My Arrow Order?

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

fdm

Re: Where's My Arrow Order?

#251 Post by fdm » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:35 am

It looks like finally everything I ordered (on 29 June) is back in stock (wasn't so a couple days ago), so theoretically my order will be shipping any second now, if it hasn't already...

...and now that I've bothered to check, it says it shipped a week ago today; they just never quite got around to sending me an "it shipped" email.

matrixschmatrix

#252 Post by matrixschmatrix » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:10 pm

fdm wrote:It looks like finally everything I ordered (on 29 June) is back in stock (wasn't so a couple days ago), so theoretically my order will be shipping any second now, if it hasn't already...

...and now that I've bothered to check, it says it shipped a week ago today; they just never quite got around to sending me an "it shipped" email.
Yes, I just double checked and it looks like everything finally went out on the 19th, so it must just have been a backorder issue.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#253 Post by tenia » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:08 pm

Yes, be careful, it's been quite some time now that Arrow's website often don't send a dispatch email, though things can be seen as "shipped" under the order history details.
There even have been cases where things were shipped, no dispatch email was sent... and no dispatch detail was mentioned under the order details (so you'd receive without being able to see anywhere this has actually shipped).

big ticket

#254 Post by big ticket » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:19 pm

tenia wrote:Yes, be careful, it's been quite some time now that Arrow's website often don't send a dispatch email, though things can be seen as "shipped" under the order history details.
There even have been cases where things were shipped, no dispatch email was sent... and no dispatch detail was mentioned under the order details (so you'd receive without being able to see anywhere this has actually shipped).
I actually e-mailed kind, presumably patient Nicole as the status in my order history still says "at warehouse," but she let me know that it has been shipped out (last Friday for me, as well). Looking forward to delivery!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#255 Post by domino harvey » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:58 am

Got my shipping notice for the Female Scorpion box

fdm

#256 Post by fdm » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:06 pm

Got my Female Scorpion box. Packed in a wraparound cardboard thingy with a token piece of bubblewrap stuffed into one of the ends.. Not impressed. Not happy with the dent either. So much for making sure these special limited editions always arrive in cherry shape... that didn't last long.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#257 Post by domino harvey » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:43 pm

Mine just arrived, wrapped fully and securely in bubble wrap inside a normal box with air bubble thingys inside

fdm

#258 Post by fdm » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Damn.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#259 Post by domino harvey » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:36 am

Shipping notice for Matinee from Amazon

fdm

#260 Post by fdm » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Deja vu here and then some, but today I got my Human Condition trilogy (along with one other blu-ray), this time just cardboard wrapper wrapped and no bubble wrap. Of course it's dented up. It's like they're not even trying any more. Maybe I needed to ask for extra packaging or something this time too? Seems like it wasn't necessary to do that before, although I did at least a couple times. Obviously these "smaller" orders from them aren't working out for me any more.

(Followup to Female Scorpion box, I sent mine back and they did send another copy, shipped same way as before, but slightly better done, so I got a good copy of that at least.)

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#261 Post by domino harvey » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:30 pm

Shipping confirmation for the WA set from Arrow direct

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#262 Post by domino harvey » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:47 pm

fdm wrote:Deja vu here and then some, but today I got my Human Condition trilogy (along with one other blu-ray), this time just cardboard wrapper wrapped and no bubble wrap. Of course it's dented up. It's like they're not even trying any more. Maybe I needed to ask for extra packaging or something this time too? Seems like it wasn't necessary to do that before, although I did at least a couple times. Obviously these "smaller" orders from them aren't working out for me any more.
Could be worse: my copy from Amazon just showed up in a beat-up wraparound box that the postman helpfully Louganised into a puddle on my porch

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#263 Post by swo17 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:54 pm

And we humans think we have it hard

Ribs

#264 Post by Ribs » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:58 pm

My sale order featuring Dekalog (& Burnt Offerings) unexpectedly just shipped.

fdm

#265 Post by fdm » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Ribs wrote:My sale order featuring Dekalog (& Burnt Offerings) unexpectedly just shipped.
Dang and I was just thinking I should write them and request extra packaging... At least one other title I ordered was out of stock, they probably all are by now...

MichaelB

#266 Post by MichaelB » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Ribs wrote:My sale order featuring Dekalog (& Burnt Offerings) unexpectedly just shipped.
Can't have done. Dekalog is still in the final authoring stages.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#267 Post by Drucker » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:06 pm

During the last sale, I also had a dispatch notice which erroneously listed titles that were still on pre-order. It didn't seem to break out what actually shipped.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#268 Post by tenia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Arrow's webstore shipping notice is more and more FUBAR but this has been going on since a few weeks now. Basically, if your order contains several products and one is ships separately, the shipping notice (for those who actually get one) don't break out what actually is in the shipment and just copy / paste the whole order.

fdm

#269 Post by fdm » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:18 pm

I did get my email off to them, but also just got a shipping notice too (hour and a half later), so probably no extra packaging. Since I thought I was going to get a single shipment (Dekalog and 4 sale titles), who knows what got shipped, or even if it did get shipped. Maybe it's just all the extra packaging that I won't be getting when they really do ship.

Ribs

#270 Post by Ribs » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:09 pm

This seems like a strange thing for the system to do, mainly as the sale page made a very clear point saying if you pre-order anything within the same order they will not be shipped until everything is available. I'm a little bit disappointed obviously but I look forward to seeing what is coming my way (is there a chance that Burnt Offerings is now in stock, then? Or is it just the actual sale items I ordered at the same time?)

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#271 Post by domino harvey » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:13 pm

domino harvey wrote:Shipping confirmation for the WA set from Arrow direct
...and arrived today, safe and sound (though with a hole in the box-- USPS apparently loves poking holes in boxes from Arrow!)

MichaelB

#272 Post by MichaelB » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:54 pm

You can't be too careful.

fdm

#273 Post by fdm » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Turns out my order that shipped on the 3rd was everything but Dekalog (i.e., just the 4 regular-sized sale titles), just for the record. And yet another cardboard wrapper, so my prediction is they intend to send me Dekalog in a cardboard wrapper too. (And I'm pretty sick and tired of sending damaged box sets back for exchange, just for the record, and it's only been twice so far, and the second time they didn't re-ship one of the two items that were sent back. At least luck was with me after each re-ship otherwise.) And I see fewer, larger Arrow orders in my future, if there is one. But I ramble...

Feego

#274 Post by Feego » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:50 pm

I received notice that my Rivette set shipped on October 3 but still haven't received it. Anyone else still waiting on non pre-order sale items to arrive in the U.S.?

Cronenfly

#275 Post by Cronenfly » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Anybody had their Dekalog set ship from the Arrow store yet? I know it's been listed as in stock for at least a few days now, but it's been a while since I've ordered from the Arrow site and don't remember whether they tend to ship prior to the release date or not.