#126 Post by Ribs » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:33 am

Courtesy Arrow's twitter:

Slimlines...

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: Arrow Cover Art & Packaging Babble-on

#127 Post by tenia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Ribs wrote:Slimlines...
I received my copy today, and it sadly isn't using slim cases.

rapta

#128 Post by rapta » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:05 pm

Great to find out today that Arrow opted for the thicker card box for The Hills Have Eyes LE. I assume this is their first for a single-disc/single Amaray title? Must be because they put so much effort into the release (restoring it themselves, crammed with extras etc). Let's hope we'll see more of this kind of packaging (we already know Donnie Darko will get the same).

Pics (thanks to Spiderwalk from Blu-ray.com / Arrow Video Facebook page):

More on the Arrow Video Facebook page if you're interested. The booklet is pretty hefty on this one, which probably contributed to the decision to upgrade the packaging. Glad I didn't cancel mine now (although Zavvi haven't dispatched mine yet)...looks like it'll be a pretty decent collectors item in future!

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#129 Post by tenia » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:44 pm

rapta wrote:I assume this is their first for a single-disc/single Amaray title?
That's indeed the case.
rapta wrote:The booklet is pretty hefty on this one
Is it really ? The picture provided on Arrow's FB feed seems to point towards a 40-pages-ish booklet, which is the same than Deep Red or Blood Bath (both having slim outer cases).

rapta

#130 Post by rapta » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:02 pm

tenia wrote:
rapta wrote:I assume this is their first for a single-disc/single Amaray title?
That's indeed the case.
rapta wrote:The booklet is pretty hefty on this one
Is it really ? The picture provided on Arrow's FB feed seems to point towards a 40-pages-ish booklet, which is the same than Deep Red or Blood Bath (both having slim outer cases).
I guess the other reason could be people complaining about the fragile nature of the thinner card slipcases? Who knows...but I'm happy they've 'upgraded' the packaging and hope this is something they might consider going forward (assuming it won't push the retail price up too much).

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#131 Post by tenia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:21 am

Yeah, I would guess it's rather that and the very high profile of the movie. Arrow probably wanted to put every chance on their side to avoid this kind of complaints.

FrauBlucher

#132 Post by FrauBlucher » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Seeing the Ox Bow Incident and The Blue Dahlia in person I actually prefer the original artwork to the newly comminsioned artwork, especially TBD which is one of the classic old film posters. Thanks Arrow for including that option.

kekid

#133 Post by kekid » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:47 pm

I am not sure where to post this question. If this is not the right place, please move it.
I am looking for empty narrow Blu-ray cases such as Arrow has used for Fassbinder and Woody Allen boxes; however with two-disc capacity instead of the single-disc cases that came with those sets. Any information as to whether such boxes are available and, if so, how to obtain them, will be appreciated. If several suppliers can do this, I would prefer to know of an American supplier. Thank you.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#134 Post by swo17 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:53 pm

kekid wrote:I am looking for empty narrow Blu-ray cases such as Arrow has used for Fassbinder and Woody Allen boxes; however with two-disc capacity instead of the single-disc cases that came with those sets.
So like the Alan Clarke set.

peerpee
not perpee

#135 Post by peerpee » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:30 pm

swo17 wrote:
kekid wrote:I am looking for empty narrow Blu-ray cases such as Arrow has used for Fassbinder and Woody Allen boxes; however with two-disc capacity instead of the single-disc cases that came with those sets.
And Arrow's DEKALOG, which will use the same cases as the BFI Alan Clarke Blu box.

kekid

#136 Post by kekid » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:24 pm

peerpee wrote:
swo17 wrote:
And Arrow's DEKALOG, which will use the same cases as the BFI Alan Clarke Blu box.
Precisely. So where can I get such boxes?

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#137 Post by swo17 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Buy one of those sets, throw everything else away

chatterjees

#138 Post by chatterjees » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:47 pm

You can get them from Twilight Time website, but their single or double discs replacement cases do not have the logo.

nick
grace thought I was a failure

#139 Post by nick » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:57 am

I think these are the cases you're looking for, though I think Casetopia has minimums so you may have to buy more than you were planning on.

What A Disgrace

#140 Post by What A Disgrace » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:10 pm

I know some people have copies of the smaller H.G. Lewis box, could any of you post some photos of the box?

antnield

#141 Post by antnield » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:31 pm

What A Disgrace wrote:I know some people have copies of the smaller H.G. Lewis box, could any of you post some photos of the box?
Dread Central posted some on Thursday.

kwippleton

#142 Post by kwippleton » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:06 pm

antnield wrote:
What A Disgrace wrote:I know some people have copies of the smaller H.G. Lewis box, could any of you post some photos of the box?
Dread Central posted some on Thursday.
You can't really tell from the photos, but it's actually about the size of a box of cereal. It's huge.

What A Disgrace

#143 Post by What A Disgrace » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:46 pm

I hope those are British boxes of cereal and not American, or I may not have enough space for it on the top of my Arrow shelf.

peerpee
not perpee

#144 Post by peerpee » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:57 pm

nick wrote:
I think these are the cases you're looking for, though I think Casetopia has minimums so you may have to buy more than you were planning on.
The cases kekid is after are referred to as "11mm spine" cases, so these 12mm ones probably aren't identical – unless they've been misnamed.

kekid

#145 Post by kekid » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:00 pm

peerpee wrote:
nick wrote:
The cases kekid is after are referred to as "11mm spine" cases, so these 12mm ones probably aren't identical – unless they've been misnamed.
Whoever supplies these cases to Arrow or the bfi, do they sell the same to people at large (in small quantities)? If so, I would appreciate the info. Alternatively, can Arrow or the bfi sell empty cases to their regular customers? Thanks again for taking time to respond to this question.

peerpee
not perpee

#146 Post by peerpee » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:53 am

kekid wrote:Whoever supplies these cases to Arrow or the bfi, do they sell the same to people at large (in small quantities)? If so, I would appreciate the info. Alternatively, can Arrow or the bfi sell empty cases to their regular customers? Thanks again for taking time to respond to this question.
Pretty much all Arrow, BFI, MoC releases are made by Sony DADC. As far as I know, Sony DADC do not sell cases to the public. I can confirm however that the cases used in Arrow's DEKALOG are Elite Viva 11mm clear double Blu-ray cases. Hope that's of some use.

kekid

#147 Post by kekid » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:17 pm

peerpee wrote:
kekid wrote:Whoever supplies these cases to Arrow or the bfi, do they sell the same to people at large (in small quantities)? If so, I would appreciate the info. Alternatively, can Arrow or the bfi sell empty cases to their regular customers? Thanks again for taking time to respond to this question.
Pretty much all Arrow, BFI, MoC releases are made by Sony DADC. As far as I know, Sony DADC do not sell cases to the public. I can confirm however that the cases used in Arrow's DEKALOG are Elite Viva 11mm clear double Blu-ray cases. Hope that's of some use.
Perfect. Thank you very much.

Costa

#148 Post by Costa » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Is there any place where I can find all the reversible covers of Arrow releases of 2016?

MichaelB

#149 Post by MichaelB » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:48 am

Not to my knowledge.

Costa

#150 Post by Costa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:39 am

MichaelB wrote:Not to my knowledge.
OK, thanks anyway MichaelB.
I just wanted to see them to take part in that Arrow poll.