On Ordering Indicator Releases

Discuss Blu-rays released by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

therewillbeblus

Re: On Ordering Indicator Releases

#451 Post by therewillbeblus » Mon May 17, 2021 12:41 pm

Thanks for the responses- I opened up the packaging and things were mostly fine- there was a stray hair on the bottom of the disc, but otherwise no noticeable damage. I'll reach out to them if anything comes up.

Boosmahn

#452 Post by Boosmahn » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:13 am

I have no idea how long it's been going on, but there's a pretty good 3 for £30 sale on the Powerhouse site right now. (I don't see any mention of it in this thread.) Select limited editions are included, so you can actually match their prices during the usual flash sales.

I bought Absolution, The Pumpkin Eater (surely on its way out), and Body Double, along with Roadgames.

Nw_jahrles

#453 Post by Nw_jahrles » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:44 am

It’s an ongoing promotion. Features standard editions of titles and some of the slower moving limited editions. Definitely a great way to fill in some gaps.

Florinaldo

#454 Post by Florinaldo » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:16 pm

I think it is a very nice gesture on the part of Indicator to include some LE titles in such a sale, and not just regular editions as would be the natural reflex of most labels. I had kind of assumed everything was SE when I placed my order and was pleasantly surprised to realise 2 of my titles were LE instead.

And at 3 discs, shipping stays in the safe Royal Mail/Canada Post zone and does not switch into the dreaded FedEx International hell. As has been mentioned, that transporter has questionable practices when it comes to customs brokerage fees, billing them (or not) arbitrarily and unfairly in my view. Other carriers do not even bother with those fees as the process is very matter of fact (I have done it myself in the past) and things usually simply sail through customs.

bugsy_pal

#455 Post by bugsy_pal » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:44 am

Boosmahn wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:13 am
I have no idea how long it's been going on, but there's a pretty good 3 for £30 sale on the Powerhouse site right now. (I don't see any mention of it in this thread.) Select limited editions are included, so you can actually match their prices during the usual flash sales.

I bought Absolution, The Pumpkin Eater (surely on its way out), and Body Double, along with Roadgames.
Thank you for the reminder. Yesterday I ordered Oleanna, Otley and A Day in the Death of Joe Egg. Never seen any of them before. I am fascinated with the diversity of British cinema of the 60s and early 70s, and to see earlier performances of Tom Courtenay and Alan Bates will be a real treat. And I can't go past seeing William H. Macy in a Mamet movie!