On Ordering Indicator Releases

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

rapta

Re: On Ordering Indicator Releases

#601 Post by rapta » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:22 pm

ryannichols7 wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:12 pm
and I agree completely. with how well Indicator did with the Hawks titles, I'd love to see them delve more into pre-code stuff (let alone silents!) and Thunderbolt would be a great one. that's definitely been rumored awhile now without any further indication...hopefully we see it show up in the new postcards
I don't see why they wouldn't release it if Kino have already done so, other than maybe waiting for a different scan. I surmised they might also be looking to do An American Tragedy around the same time, so perhaps they want to release them together? Not that Indicator generally bother with double-bill sets, but they do sometimes like to announce two titles by the same director at the same time, probably to maximise sales (the Hawks titles, for example).

There's also an outside chance they're trying to form another von Sternberg box set with Children of Divorce (from Flicker Alley), or Underworld and The Docks of New York (from Paramount). The latter could be possible since they've just teased a release of Boetticher's Bullfighter and the Lady, so it seems they have finally broken through with regards to Paramount.

ryannichols7

#602 Post by ryannichols7 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:44 pm

heads up, if you're in the US, Barnes and Noble is stocking all the US releases. if your store carries media, they can get them in if they're not already in stock. they're $29.99 list price and then already have a 30% promo applied. unlike the Criterion 50% off sale, the 10% member discount applies! picked up The Blockhouse and Hoffman for $18.89 apiece, and neither were titles I thought I was interested in before. goes to show the power of having something for sale in a physical store..

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#603 Post by swo17 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:09 pm

They're also available at DeepDiscount--I picked up a bunch of them during the last sale

yoloswegmaster

#604 Post by yoloswegmaster » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:52 am

New email from Indicator:
RAY HARRYHAUSEN AND NORMAN J WARREN FLASH SALE

Also from today, all of our Ray Harryhausen and Norman J Warren Standard Editions will be available for just £6.99 at the website. Additionally, THE SINBAD TRILOGY box set will be available for £34.99 during this period which ends Wednesday 29 June.

Visit the Flash Sale section of the website for all titles in the offers.

THE RETURN OF OOP RETURNS

Each day, from today until Monday, we will be adding a number of OOP Return items to the website at midday. These are out-of-print titles in very limited quantities, all made available at their original on-site retail prices. These are ex-display units, refurbished and checked to ensure that they are complete, but may exhibit some degree of shelf wear, or contain stickers or sticker residue.

Visit the OOP Returns section of the website to see what's available.

BOOKLETS, BOOKS, DIGIPAKS AND OUTERCASES

We are also making a number of items from out-of-print titles available on the website. These include booklets, books, digipaks, and the outercases from selected box sets and deluxe Limited Editions. These items are surplus stock (not reprints) and in very limited quantities.

Visit the Accessories section of our website to find these items, and use the drop-down menus to select the title (or titles) of your choice.

ryannichols7

#605 Post by ryannichols7 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:22 pm

so basically...you can create your own LE. I'm most interested in The Big Heat and Five Tall Tales. for the latter, both the booklet and outer box are available for sale, so all I'd miss out on is the numbered wraparound if I were to buy the five films individually.

The Big Heat (or any single disc LE) is only difficult one since I don't see a way to purchase the larger version of the interior card. not the worst thing to happen if there's no other solution! bravo indicator, this saves me eBay money. was gonna be buying the Bogart set anyway so this is a good combined thing

brundlefly

#606 Post by brundlefly » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:15 pm

Only wish there was a category for "Out of Print Bonus Disc for Night Tide."

senseabove

#607 Post by senseabove » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:29 pm

Where's the best place for for someone in the US to pre-order a single title? I need the Leisen ASAP, but that £18 shipping directly from Indicator hurts when everything else I can wait to catch on sale.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#608 Post by swo17 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:55 pm

I mean, I could always start a group buy. If we can get like 6-10 people we should be able to get over the free shipping threshold

soundchaser
Leave Her to Beaver

#609 Post by soundchaser » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:01 pm

I could be persuaded to be in on this one — I want to get the limited Swimmer and a few others, and I don’t mind waiting until December for it to ship.

senseabove

#610 Post by senseabove » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:22 pm

I could be in on that. I wouldn't mind one of The Swimmer LEs as well, and I have a suspicion that one won't make it to the next sale...

therewillbeblus

#611 Post by therewillbeblus » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:26 pm

Isn't the next sale likely in the Fall? Did they stop that one in favor of the Spring sale, because I feel like they've been doing two a year now

Finch

#612 Post by Finch » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:28 pm

Happy to join a group buy if I can make my payment by September 1 (or sooner if finances allow)? I want Remember the Night and The Big Gundown (changed my mind on the Santo set).

senseabove

#613 Post by senseabove » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:34 pm

I vaguely recalled that they'd said they were moving to one sale a year, but I can no longer keep track of all the different sale rotations. If there's a sale next month, I can definitely wait, as I'd like to get whatever Noir box sets go on sale this time as well.

Finch

#614 Post by Finch » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:41 pm

I'm worried that the Big Gundown LE might be gone when the next sale takes place. If the point of the group sale is to lock down the December LEs now, I'm in but if people want to wait until the next sale instead, I'm most likely just going to order my two titles from deepdiscount instead.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#615 Post by swo17 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:14 pm

Ha, we might already have enough people though more are welcome to join. What if we say everyone has until end of the day Sunday the 21st to PM me what they want and then I'll place the order first thing next week? I'll figure out how much I save on points and pass those savings along. Shipping should just be whatever it costs me to send your package within the U.S. by Media Mail. And Finch, it's okay if you need a couple weeks to pay.

NB: Any upcoming sale is unlikely to include titles that haven't come out yet

MichaelB

#616 Post by MichaelB » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:54 am

The general rule with sales seems to be to exclude anything that’s only been out for less than six months.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#617 Post by swo17 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:08 pm

Last call: If you want to participate in the group buy, let me know by the end of the day

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#618 Post by swo17 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:48 am

Re: the group buy, there was a slight hiccup in that they apparently only let you include as many as 3 copies of any given title in one order, but I was able to fit everything in to two £200 orders by just throwing one more title in. So long story short...would anyone like to add a copy of Columbia Noir #5 to their order for $47.12? (If not no big deal, I'll just list it on Amazon.)

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#619 Post by domino harvey » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:59 am

swo17 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:48 am
Re: the group buy, there was a slight hiccup in that they apparently only let you include as many as 3 copies of any given title in one order, but I was able to fit everything in to two £200 orders by just throwing one more title in. So long story short...would anyone like to add a copy of Columbia Noir #5 to their order for $47.12? (If not no big deal, I'll just list it on Amazon.)
Actually, that’s the only thing I need. So yes (unless I need an existing order to get in on that, in which case, no)

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#620 Post by Drucker » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:09 pm

So when do we expect the October sale to occur? And is it worth Americans to risk waiting for the value of the Pound to recover before placing an order during the sale? 🤔

yoloswegmaster

#622 Post by yoloswegmaster » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:09 pm

Sale confirmed to start on Friday:

I'm going to have to sit this one out since there is nothing I really need to get.

ryannichols7

#623 Post by ryannichols7 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:27 pm

this is a lot earlier than expected (last year was at least a week later), I haven't even planned for it. I'm guessing Indicator wanted to get the jump going since Arrow, Criterion, etc have sales closer to Halloween. will have to try and figure out how to pull it off

Peacock

#624 Post by Peacock » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:39 pm

Indicator always have multi-buy sales on, what sort of discount are we talkin’ typically with their flash sales?

CantelopeSkiz

#625 Post by CantelopeSkiz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:58 am

I believe their sale prices are typically 7.99 for standard editions, 9.99 for limited editions, and a healthy discount on their boxed sets. Other than new and relatively new releases, their entire catalogue gets marked down during these sales.