On Ordering Indicator Releases

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

Finch

Re: On Ordering Indicator Releases

#401 Post by Finch » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:02 pm

Hoping that the new sale at least includes Roadgames from December and the standard edition of Dragonwyck. Pity the Noir 2 set is not likely to feature this time but I'll get it for full retail price if the stock gets too low to risk waiting for a summer or autumn/winter sale.

therewillbeblus

#402 Post by therewillbeblus » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:09 pm

Isn't it usually a 6-month cutoff? I'll be thrilled if I can even get the first Noir box discounted

brundlefly

#403 Post by brundlefly » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:31 pm

They said on Facebook the first noir and Fu Manchu boxes would not be included, but "lots more will." Teased it will be "a sale with a twist."

Finch

#404 Post by Finch » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:54 am

Roadgames, Twentieth Century and Dragonwyck it was for me. Dragonwyck was £6.66 (ha). Didn't want to risk the first two going OOP and got those for £15+ and £13+. Happy camper.

The Pachyderminator

#405 Post by The Pachyderminator » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:31 pm

I went a little crazy with 24 items, not all of them included in the sale. No more Indicator purchases for me the next year, at least.

therewillbeblus

#406 Post by therewillbeblus » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:38 pm

I'm not interested in any on-sale items (and the 'back-from-OOP' titles I wanted sold out too fast) but the discount after VAT is a very welcome inclusion this sale and makes me tempted to take the plunge on a bunch of items that'll be more heavily discounted in their next one- a smart move from Indicator

Calvin

#407 Post by Calvin » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:53 pm

More 'OOP Returns' will be appearing each day at 2pm. It doesn't specify whether it will be limited to more of those that went on sale today or if different ones might appear.

therewillbeblus

#408 Post by therewillbeblus » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:00 pm

That's good to know. Interesting that Lilith is one of the last standing OOP titles from today still available- either they have more copies of it or it's being overlooked, considering how quickly everything else sold out. For what it's worth, I think it's the best film whose LE has gone OOP from the label.

Gerald Christie

#409 Post by Gerald Christie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:28 pm

The only title I wanted was Cisco Pike and it's sold out. Any chance it might pop up again? I find it weird since it was never in the list of titles going OOP.

Finch

#410 Post by Finch » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:22 am

In case anyone wants those, The Legacy and The Mind of Mr Soames are currently showing in the OOP returns list.

Florinaldo

#411 Post by Florinaldo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:46 pm

My order was shipped this morning, or rather the shipping label was created a few hours ago; it has now been physically picked up by the courier company and is merrily on its way for delivery next week. Some companies take at least a few days, sometimes weeks, to clear the volume generated by sales such as this one, but Indicator seems to have planned carefully to make sure they are fully resourced for the onslaught. Very commendable on their part; such efficiency deserves recognition.

It may also help that it lasts until Sunday, so there is not a big concentrated rush as in so many 24-hour flash sales and the volume is spread out over a longer period.

The "OOP returns" aspect is original and it looks like it was very popular considering how fast most of them sell out; for my part I already have all the Indicator OOP titles that are of interest to me, but I am sure it was an opportunity much appreciated by some, as long as they were quick enough to snatch the desired items.

gcgiles1dollarbin

#412 Post by gcgiles1dollarbin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:21 pm

It's too late for this sale, but for anyone living in the Portland, OR, area, I would be happy to serve as a delivery hub for Indicator sales in the future in order to reach the £200 pound free shipping threshold. Just PM your email, and I'll let you know if I get enough folks on board to make it worthwhile; I generally spend around £80 per sale, if that's any indication of how many people would be needed.

If there is already a PDX buying group, please let me know; I would love to be added.

Also, if this is the wrong place for an inquiry like this, my apologies and I'll be happy to have this redirected to the appropriate thread.

Thanks!

Chull

#413 Post by Chull » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:29 am

therewillbeblus wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:38 pm
I'm not interested in any on-sale items (and the 'back-from-OOP' titles I wanted sold out too fast) but the discount after VAT is a very welcome inclusion this sale and makes me tempted to take the plunge on a bunch of items that'll be more heavily discounted in their next one- a smart move from Indicator
Looks like they may be charging the VAT now (at least to Canada.)

Glowingwabbit

#414 Post by Glowingwabbit » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:40 pm

Chull wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:29 am
therewillbeblus wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:38 pm
Looks like they may be charging the VAT now (at least to Canada.)
How are you paying? I noticed when trying to use PayPal that the VAT wasn't deducted so I switched to my card.

brundlefly

#415 Post by brundlefly » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:57 pm

Must be it, I paid via Paypal for my U.S. order and the VAT stayed in. Unfortunately there wasn't time to switch payment method. I'd already had two of the OOP titles in my cart yanked during checkout. Hopefully they'll refund the amount that should have come off.

Adam X

#416 Post by Adam X » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:19 pm

Indicator wrote:...we are aware of the VAT issue with our e-commerce platform for non-UK customers, and are hopeful that they will rectify the issue as soon as possible.
Don’t know if the issue started after I ordered or if it’s only affecting certain destinations but I had no problems with mine.

L.A.

#417 Post by L.A. » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:53 pm

After some thinking what to get, decided to go for Spring Night Summer Night.

willoneill

#418 Post by willoneill » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:01 pm

Telstar

#419 Post by Telstar » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:13 pm

gcgiles1dollarbin wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:21 pm
It's too late for this sale, but for anyone living in the Portland, OR, area, I would be happy to serve as a delivery hub for Indicator sales in the future in order to reach the £200 pound free shipping threshold. Just PM your email, and I'll let you know if I get enough folks on board to make it worthwhile; I generally spend around £80 per sale, if that's any indication of how many people would be needed.

If there is already a PDX buying group, please let me know; I would love to be added.
PM sent - count me in!

Florinaldo

#420 Post by Florinaldo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:32 pm

When I placed my order on Thursday, the VAT was deducted even before I chose a payment method. As I recall, the prices changed as soon as I entered "Canada" as the destination country. I just tested a dummy order with the exact same titles and this time the VAT was not deducted, even after I chose a different payment method; so it does appear to be a glitch of some sort that is not related to the payment method.

I hope they can correct it before the end of the sale, even though this is the weekend, and also reimburse the people who got stung by it, especially those who placed big orders. It can make a notable difference; in the case of my small 4 items order, including the Hammer Volume 5 box, the VAT deduction amounted to £9,31, which is about equivalent to the sales price for an LE title.

At least they are aware of it and are working on it as per one of their latest tweets. They also indicate that the sale has been very popular and that they are processing a large volume of orders for shipment.

Jean-Luc Garbo

#421 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:12 pm

Prices when I check out still stay the same. Will they refund VAT to USA orders?

yoloswegmaster

#422 Post by yoloswegmaster » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:53 am

Seems as if Indicator has accidently sent some duplicate orders to customers. Meanwhile, my order that was placed on Friday morning still hasn't been shipped out.

willoneill

#423 Post by willoneill » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:08 pm

yoloswegmaster wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:53 am
Seems as if Indicator has accidently sent some duplicate orders to customers.
I have no idea if this is a harbinger, but Fedex has let me know that I have two separate boxes arriving on Monday. It was a largish order, so maybe it was split into two boxes, but then again it's the same size as my order from the last sale, and that wasn't split up.

yoloswegmaster

#424 Post by yoloswegmaster » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:28 pm

willoneill wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:08 pm

I have no idea if this is a harbinger, but Fedex has let me know that I have two separate boxes arriving on Monday. It was a largish order, so maybe it was split into two boxes, but then again it's the same size as my order from the last sale, and that wasn't split up.
Since I am also in Canada, you can just send the second box right to me.

The Pachyderminator

#425 Post by The Pachyderminator » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:34 pm

yoloswegmaster wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:53 am
Meanwhile, my order that was placed on Friday morning still hasn't been shipped out.
Same here - it's actually reassuring that I'm not the only one. (And it's not like I have nothing to watch in the meantime!)