The Big Lebowski (Joel & Ethan Coen, 1998)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
hearthesilence

Re: The Big Lebowski (Joel Coen, 1998)

#176 Post by hearthesilence » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:12 am

I missed this, but caps-a-holic has caps of the UHD up and sweet Jesus it's a massive improvement. It's still unbelievable how waxy and degraded the old HD transfer looked, but the new 4K presentation is faultless - easily the biggest upgrade I've seen from a BD to UHD. I'll have to revisit this - I haven't seen it in ages and the film was a very mixed bag for me, but Jeff Bridges gives one of my very favorite performances in any of the Coens' films.

ochsfan

Re: The Big Lebowski (Joel Coen, 1998)

#177 Post by ochsfan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:01 pm

hearthesilence wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:12 am
I missed this, but caps-a-holic has caps of the UHD up and sweet Jesus it's a massive improvement. It's still unbelievable how waxy and degraded the old HD transfer looked, but the new 4K presentation is faultless - easily the biggest upgrade I've seen from a BD to UHD. I'll have to revisit this - I haven't seen it in ages and the film was a very mixed bag for me, but Jeff Bridges gives one of my very favorite performances in any of the Coens' films.
Thanks for the heads up. This is a favorite of mine and I'm glad to hear it looks so much better.