The Jeffrey Wells Thread

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: The Jeffrey Wells Thread

#476 Post by domino harvey » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 am

Everything he posts now is just a thousand word rendition of the meme screenshot of Grandpa Simpson raging at a cloud

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#477 Post by domino harvey » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:11 pm

Discussion of Jeffrey Wells’ gradual transformation into Ted Turner split off here

pistolwink

#478 Post by pistolwink » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:12 pm

Why does anyone pay attention to this sociopath?

Maltic

#479 Post by Maltic » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:18 pm

I'm wondering whether he actually makes a living off of this trolling (patreon or whatever), though I'm not well-versed in trollonomics

willoneill

#480 Post by willoneill » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:44 pm

He's constantly complaining about his finances, but also takes extravagant trips. So while I'm not an expert in the movie blogger financial model, my guess is Wells did ... well in the days where websites brought in big ad dollars (and he would have gotten some nice coin during Oscar season in those days), and now he's just living off that wad.

Or credit.

Maurice Micklewhite

#481 Post by Maurice Micklewhite » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:23 am

Hollywood-Elsewhere has recently drifted further into Elsewhere territory.

Wells' Russian wife Tatiana has revealed herself to be a Putin stooge who posts the most pig-eyed propaganda. Even Wells seems embarrassed by her commentary.

https://hollywood-elsewhere.com/first-m ... -since-45/
Russia will never invade Ukraine.

Russia doesn't need Ukraine.

Russia never attacks. There is another country in this world which likes to use army and violence.

The U.S. announced a new date of the invasion, February 16, right? Nothing will happen...just spreading hysteria and panic in Ukraine. Even Zelensky asked the U.S. to stop doing this mess in his country.
The Russian army is not at the Ukrainian border; it's on its usual locations for military training exercise several kilometers from the Ukrainian border. Americans do the same in Nevada and Alabama, right?

With the threat of NATO, presence of the American army and finances in Ukraine Russia has nothing to do but take special precautions to protect the borders. What would the U.S. do in this case?
https://hollywood-elsewhere.com/ukraine ... -underway/
Russia is not liberating Ukraine.

Russia is protecting the RUSSIAN POPULATION in Ukraine. Who are being killed and called separatists because they refused to be part of the Ukrainian country. Due to very serious reasons.

That’s my last comment on this website. You, guys, know everything perfectly well. Not wasting my time anymore. Listen to the news and tell your stories to each other.

Good luck everyone! :-))
https://hollywood-elsewhere.com/ukraine ... ises-vlad/
Not discussing this anymore, but confirm my words again. Russia will never attack first. Period. But will react momentarily to defend the borders and the Russian population. As it saved my life in 1992, when I was trapped in the forest under heavy fire and shells from the Moldovian army.
The thing is she's not intellectually honest or capable enough to argue for the restoration of the Soviet/Russian Empire. Instead, it's this garbage about kids, families and things that haven't happened.

'Oh...the Russian people!'

Wells threw away whatever goodwill he had left with his comparisons between the Georgian massage parlour killings and Chloé Zhao's Oscar chances, but Tatiana is doing severe damage to herself and her husband right now.

She looks like a liar and makes her husband appear as a weak fool.

DarkImbecile
Ask me about my visible cat breasts

#482 Post by DarkImbecile » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:12 pm

hearthesilence

#483 Post by hearthesilence » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:55 pm

Why this has the makings of a cable reality TV show! Call your agent, Mr. Wells!

Maurice Micklewhite

#484 Post by Maurice Micklewhite » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:23 am

It's normally sad and upsetting when people air their dirty laundry on a public forum, but this is just hilarious.

Who is going to be conducting the couple's therapy? Glenn Kenny?

DimitriL

#485 Post by DimitriL » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:26 am

So Wells invaded the FB feed of screenwriter Larry Karaszewski - who was at the Academy Museum screening of The Godfather with a Coppola Q&A - and basically launched into a broadside into how it’s not an accurate restoration, it doesn’t reflect Willis’ wishes, and that Coppola is lying that it’s a closer restoration. This is, of course, not new behavior from Wells, who believes himself the final arbiter and truth-teller on all aspect ratio and color timing issues, and has often asserted he knows better than the actual directors. Keep in mind he’d already started griping as an authority *before* he actually saw the 4k.

Anyway, Larry left the discussion with, “Jesus Christ you’re insufferable,” which sums it up pretty well.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#486 Post by tenia » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:10 am

From the guy who couldn't believe A Hard Day's Night is 1.75 and had to be shown end of reels panel explicitly stating so.

Q Pete Mitchell

Re: Festival Circuit 2022

#487 Post by Q Pete Mitchell » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:41 pm

George • 33 minutes ago
Any comment on the movie news of the year decade? Variety just confirmed that Lynch's first feature film in 16 years really is premiering next month at Cannes.

Jeffrey Wells • 14 minutes ago
Lynch has been over for a long time. Calm down.

soundchaser
Leave Her to Beaver

Re: Festival Circuit 2022

#488 Post by soundchaser » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:47 pm

Bold thing to say about someone who did the best work of his career less than five years ago.

Jack Kubrick

#489 Post by Jack Kubrick » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:40 pm

David Lynch could not match the artistic superiority of J.C Chandor.

Maurice Micklewhite

#490 Post by Maurice Micklewhite » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:36 am

Wells missed out on "Twin Peaks: The Return" so, of course, he pretends like it was some non-event.

It's typical Wells-behaviour but it's also very film-fan behaviour, too.

The bigger question is: where were you when you found out that Jeff Wells is divorcing his Green Card Russian wife?

Tatiana's words are beautiful, painful and true.

https://hollywood-elsewhere.com/the-mat ... 5822661260
I think it’s the right moment to say what is written between the lines of this post. I asked Jeff to do it several times, but he didn’t. Why? No idea. So I have nothing to do but do it myself.

OUR JOURNEY IS OVER.

The situation in Ukraine has nothing to do with it. It was over before the pandemic, but the long quarantine united us emotionally for some time again.

It was a nice five years adventure with a lot of memorable and emotionally powerful moments. I will always remember the best chapters of the novel.

Life is always a lesson. A new country, a new intellectual and cultural mindset of people, a new professional field. I’ve learnt a lot. Thank you, LIFE! Thank you, Jeff, for all the happy moments in my life!

P.S. I am proud to be part of the Russian nation as much as never before. Russia will never become a puppet in the hands of a puppeteer who decided that he knows better how the history of Russia should develop and what values should be shared there. On the land that has been existing for thousands of years. The leaders that have given orders to bomb and destroy the civilian population of other countries have no moral right to dictate their terms to the world.

I pray for all innocent souls who died because of the CEO’s order to commit a crime against humanity, sticking to the same scenario the world has witnessed many times. The plot is the same, but the production company, location, principals and background are different.

All sanctions against Russia are destroying the countries which initiated them. I do not believe all the horrible crap about Russia in the mass media. Because I know the HEART and the SOUL of this country.

You all stay safe. All the best to you.
Love. Peace. Health. Humanity. Wisdom.

Tatiana

Lemmy Caution

#491 Post by Lemmy Caution » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:06 pm

Coincidentally after holding a green card 5 years, one can apply for US citizenship regardless of marriage status. After 3 years of marriage, can apply for US citizenship, but need to be still married at the time of approval (which might takes years, I'm not sure)
A divorce will affect your eligibility to file Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, if you are filing on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen for three years. Even if you were married for over three years, you must continue to be married at the time of naturalization. In fact, you have to remain married up until you actually get your U.S. citizenship, and you have to be living with your spouse three years before filing your N-400 application to qualify on this early basis.

However, you may still be eligible to file Form N-400 on the basis of five years as a permanent resident. In this situation, your eligibility is not dependent on a current marriage. Divorce does not affect your eligibility to file Form N-400 on the basis of five years as a green card holder.
Wouldn't surprise me if a 5 years marriage was the minimum needed to ensure she could become a US citizen. And might have bailed one day later ...
(I know nothing about this case, and it's possible she is already naturalized, but I suspect not).
They might want to check Well's bank account these days, though it's likely he was simply duped.
Last edited by Lemmy Caution on Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#492 Post by cdnchris » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:15 pm

Yes, the non-conditional application period is 5 years from your GC approval. You can apply at 3 years, but there are conditions then, like you still have to be married. There may have been other hitches, but I can't recall. After 5 years they don't care if you're still married or not, and are more concerned that you've been paying your taxes.

Since she's Russian, her approval process could take years (especially now), but she would have received a 2-year conditional GC first and renewed that for a 10-year one after showing she was still married. So she should still have 7 years on her current one, and even then she could still renew it because the condition of marriage no longer applies.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#493 Post by domino harvey » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:45 pm

I for one am shocked that a green card-eligible marriage to a much younger Russian woman ended in divorce

cdnchris
Site Admin

#494 Post by cdnchris » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:58 pm

90 Day Fiance made me believe it was all about love! How wrong we were.

Maurice Micklewhite

#495 Post by Maurice Micklewhite » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:24 pm

Love is dead.

I don't know what to believe in anymore.

hearthesilence

#496 Post by hearthesilence » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:41 pm

There's still time to save this marriage.

Step one, get her off contraceptives...

Randall Maysin Again

#497 Post by Randall Maysin Again » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:20 pm

Uhhhh..."Tatiana"'s writing voice sounds exactly the same as Wells's. To me anyway!

Maurice Micklewhite

#498 Post by Maurice Micklewhite » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:40 pm

Randall Maysin Again wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:20 pm
Uhhhh..."Tatiana"'s writing voice sounds exactly the same as Wells's. To me anyway!
I don't want to defend Wells but this ranks alongside "Will Smith slapping Chris Rock was a prank" as bozo theories.

They don't write remotely similarly and there would be no benefit in Wells posting as his wife and humiliating him with her Russian propaganda.

Jack Kubrick

#499 Post by Jack Kubrick » Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Never Cursed
Such is life on board the Redoutable

#500 Post by Never Cursed » Wed May 18, 2022 1:48 pm

The last few days of his posts have basically been nothing but him ranting about his inability to use the Cannes virtual ticketing website, preventing him from attending a great number of screenings. Could it have happened to a nicer guy?