Upcoming Movies on TV (US)

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism.
beamish14

Re: Upcoming Movies on TV (US)

#76 Post by beamish14 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Gordon Parks' Leadbelly is airing on Showtime later this month, and can be seen on demand if you have Spectrum.

Ribs

#77 Post by Ribs » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:53 pm

Warren Beatty will be doing another special in character as Dick Tracy to retain the rights to the character, airing at 10:30 tonight.

Matt

#78 Post by Matt » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:23 pm

Is that what that is? I saw it on the TCM schedule but it just says “No Description available, No Director Information Available, No Cast Information Available”

Matt

Upcoming Movies on TV (US)

#79 Post by Matt » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:50 pm

The whole thing is Beatty in character as Dick Tracy negatively criticizing clips from his own movie on a Zoom call while Ben Mankiewicz and Leonard Maltin look on in disbelief. It’s very bizarre. And then Beatty (as himself) shows up on the Zoom call and has a low-key argument with Dick Tracy.

dustybooks

#80 Post by dustybooks » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:44 am

That sounds incredible. I read in the book Big Beat Heat about a very early public access TV show hosted by Alan Freed and someone else whose name escapes me. They sat across from each other, in front of a backdrop of painted clouds, with a record player between them, with a piano off to the side that neither ever touched, and insulted one another for several minutes before playing an R&B record on the turntable then repeating the process. I think all footage is lost but similar to the Beatty thing it sounds like my kind of accidental (?) absurdism.

DarkImbecile
Ask me about my visible cat breasts

#81 Post by DarkImbecile » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:26 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:50 pm
The whole thing is Beatty in character as Dick Tracy negatively criticizing clips from his own movie on a Zoom call while Ben Mankiewicz and Leonard Maltin look on in disbelief. It’s very bizarre. And then Beatty (as himself) shows up on the Zoom call and has a low-key argument with Dick Tracy.
Here it is, for those who are interested