1151 Sound of Metal

Discuss releases by Criterion and the films on them. Threads may contain spoilers!
DarkImbecile
Ask me about my visible cat breasts

1151 Sound of Metal

#1 Post by DarkImbecile » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:09 pm

Sound of Metal

In Sound of Metal, a tale of sound, fury, and self-discovery, Riz Ahmed delivers an intensely committed performance as the volatile Ruben, who has found new purpose as a drummer in a noise-metal duo, playing blistering live shows with his singer girlfriend, Lou (Olivia Cooke). When Ruben suddenly loses much of his hearing, he is launched on a profound odyssey—through denial, anger, grief, and, gradually, acceptance—as he comes to understand what it means to live as a deaf person and to discover deafness as not a disability but a rich culture and community. Through stunningly immersive, Academy Award–winning sound design, director Darius Marder invites us to experience the world as Ruben does, capturing a sonic spectrum in which silence comes in a thousand shades.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES

• 4K digital master, supervised by director Darius Marder and cinematographer Daniël Bouquet, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray and 4K UHD editions
• For the 4K UHD edition: One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
• New conversation between Marder and filmmaker Derek Cianfrance, who share a story credit on the film
• New program about the film's sound, featuring Marder and sound designer Nicolas Becker
• Music video for Abraham Marder's song "Green," featuring outtakes from the film
• Featurettes
• Trailer
• English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• PLUS: An essay by critic Roxana Hadadi

Persona

Re: The Films of 2020

#2 Post by Persona » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:01 am

DarkImbecile wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:09 pm
I've liked Riz Ahmed pretty much every time I've seen him onscreen, and especially enjoyed him in the HBO miniseries The Night Of, so it's no small praise from me to say that his performance in Darius Marder's Sound of Metal is easily his best, most affecting work as a metal drummer whose world is completely subverted by sudden, catastrophic hearing loss. A lot of the film's examination of the psychological impact of this kind of life-changing sensory loss is surely in the script — Marder co-wrote The Place Beyond the Pines with Derek Cianfrance, another character-focused drama very rooted in the subjective experiences of its characters — but a fair amount of the dialogue seems to be improvised, and Ahmed consistently makes this material more compelling and rich in detail than it might otherwise have been. There are multiple scenes that require him alone to carry them by wordlessly conveying frustration, panic, loss, and disappointment, and though his character often behaves impulsively or self-destructively, Ahmed never fails to bring the audience along with him by keeping his actions rooted in the character's humanity. I haven't seen nearly as many movies this year for obvious reasons, but this is easily one of my favorite lead performances so far.

Olivia Cooke is also quite good as his bandmate/girlfriend (despite being borderline unrecognizable at first with some truly off-putting bleached eyebrows), and Paul Raci puts in a notable turn as well as the administrator of a support home specializing in serving the deaf; there's an emotional scene later in the film that articulates his philosophical approach to working with the deaf that I think several people here would appreciate. Though fairly aesthetically distinct, this reminded me in ways both superficial and significant of Chloe Zhao's The Rider; they'd make for a very good trenchantly observed and unsettlingly detailed double feature about young men in distinct subcultures with difficult backgrounds accepting (or failing to accept) major physiological obstacles to their lifestyles.

Sound of Metal will apparently receive a limited theatrical release in November before streaming in December, and as you might guess, the sound design is pretty vital to the experience, so a good surround system can be really helpful in appreciating the immersive effects if you have access to one.
Darius Marder made the best Derek Cianfrance movie yet, haha.

Can't say enough about Riz Ahmed. Powerful.

Paul Raci was also great. And the sound design deserves every award it gets.

knives

#3 Post by knives » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:01 pm

It’s probably because I had my mid year evaluation today and I react toxicly to them in all cases, but I was incredibly open to Sound of Metal which is just one of the best first features in years. It’s smartest decision is to hire Riz Ahmed for the lead and let him just control the scene. The films empathy for him allows him to be fully sympathetic even when he’s a twat.

That’s been talked about a lot now though so I want to shout out for Olivia Cooke as well who does everything a supporting actor needs to giving us an entryway into a rough situation and also giving us a reprise from being Ahmed when that becomes to emotionally overwhelming.

therewillbeblus

#4 Post by therewillbeblus » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:58 am

Sound of Metal reminded me of The Wrestler, functioning primarily as a pared down acting vehicle that breathes fresh air into the crevices of its small world to create a greater sense of familiarity and involvement than most Bigger films. However like the Aronofsky, it didn’t leave the mark on me that it certainly did on others, despite an admirable choice to avoid reliance on sound design manipulation to forge empathy. That's there of course, but I was surprised by how much compassion came from other sources, primarily appreciating how the narrative delt with the navigation of unpredictable traumas while in recovery from an addiction that will kill you if you’re not stable. The risks are validated, the love is felt, and the pain is shared.. somewhat. There’s an uneasy dance between subjective joining and observational distance that is effective without being overwhelming but also occasionally underwhelms and causes disengagement. Nonetheless, this is a relatively strong depiction of an individual’s loss, and the power of community to help one save themselves, while acknowledging the inherent isolation of the individual's journey. Special mention to the portrayal of the deaf community, which is most similar to addiction communities (amongst chronic disabled subgroups) in their embrace of their condition as an identity, formulating a sense of empowerment.
SpoilerShow
Perhaps the sense of “something missing” stems from Ruben’s failure to grasp the concept of recovery that Joe attempts to teach him- a very apt truth that one needs to come to themselves, and that can appear tragic in its infinite sisyphean process before one accepts the grace in relief of that futile search for the ‘simple fix’ (I loved how regardless of Ruben's acceptance of his addiction and commitment to a lifetime of sobriety, we see how "acceptance" is not transferable across conditions. It's a mature understanding of acceptance as a state that is not reached and then sustained, but requires continual practice and effort to arrive at faster. Reading the film that way, it’s a valid exhibition of someone missing that point for a while, achieving acceptance and then losing it. Although I found the narrative inconsistently alienating in the back half, that's the reflexive idea. We return to the isolating sound design in a social space, and although this arc is structurally designed to emulate regression, I wish I felt more invested in each stage of the non-linear development of the road to recovery .

I suppose my critique is that after establishing a colorful world and meditating in its marathon of rehabilitation, the film caves in on itself by opting for a sprint, skipping through the motions to the finish line. The staged nonverbal communicative surrender-breakup between Ahmed and Cooke seems to be bypassing cliches yet still comes off false. The symbolic choice to accept deafness at the very end is the kind of ‘spiritual experience’ that ignites the road to recovery through full-measures, and a strong note to finish on. I would just rather see the sequel to this movie of thorough complex recovery ahead, instead of a cherry-picked series of scenes summarizing the path to get there, which is what we ultimately get. There is a deeper harmony to be struck with this colorful, lived-in community off in another film. And yet, as a film about the struggle to find acceptance- especially powerful considering the central character has found it before in another fellowship- it’s operating on a strong enough wavelength for a confident recommendation.
Riz Ahmed should probably win the Oscar, even if he won't, and thanks primarily to him this is definitely in the top half of BP noms this year.

barryconvex
billy..biff..scooter....tommy

Re: Sound of Metal (Darius Marder, 2019)

#5 Post by barryconvex » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:18 am

Sorry to have to spoiler this but here are my thoughts.
SpoilerShow
Re: The breakup scene. In one incredible moment we get to watch both Ruben and Lou have their moments of clarity. Neither of them could move on with their lives until their co-dependence was properly dealt with and on top of that they're both carrying years of baggage, dating back to pre adolescence in Lou's case. Coming into the scene Ruben's drug of choice is Lou while Lou's rage has long since moved past the security blanket stage and morphed into her identity. Despite far less screen time she's every bit as important a character (not to mention fascinating) in this story as Ruben is. Halfway into this I was making a case to myself that the anger and cutting was a part of Lou's stage persona, something that she can turn off when needed. As the layers are peeled back and we see the damage that's been inflicted it's apparent that Lou is truly incapable of performing even the most insignificant of independent acts, waking herself, getting dressed, eating anything healthy, she needs a caretaker every second of every day. I forget the exact dates of when Ruben kicked heroin and started seeing Lou but I'd wager they're not very far apart. The disease has shifted into a different arena while making Ruben blind to the fact that while he may be sober he's not in recovery at all. How difficult it would be for anyone to recognize their relationship is not a healthy one. Here we have a young(ish) man, he's seemingly happy, poor but playing music he believes in, drug free and tending to the girl he loves while traveling the open road. But it's all a facade, a string of false positives concealing the fact that his disease has doubled down and attached itself to an area even the most enlightened addict would have trouble acknowledging and highlights why recovery is such a difficult and painful process. It's tempting for anyone to think that once a certain substance has been excised from one's life that one's life has returned to a "manageable" state but it's often not that simple and It's one of the movie's many, many master strokes that it illuminates these facts and also lays everything on the line leading into its final crescendo. Where a hundred lesser movies have reduced themselves to "will X or Y give in to the horrible temptations of drugs or will they resist and live happily ever after" for their finales SOM knows better and sees this complex disease and these complex characters clearly and presents them without manipulation or sentimentality. Seeing Ruben and Lou's relationship come crumbling down while simultaneously witnessing the first real moments of healing and steps toward self reliance and positive self growth for these two deeply wounded people was about as emotionally on point as any moment in any film about addiction I've seen. Probably the best depiction of this particular disease since Drugstore Cowboy.

therewillbeblus

#6 Post by therewillbeblus » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:45 am

Nice defense barryconvex!
SpoilerShow
I think a lot of that is true (and yes, when Ruben is asked how long he’s been clean, followed by how long they’ve been dating, the answer is significantly the same: “Four years”). Often in recovery communities people are advised not to begin a relationship within their first year so that they can focus on independent recovery skills during such a vulnerable time. As you allude to, this is a nudging indicator that Ruben hasn’t taken the full-measures into recovery that he might think he has.

However, I’m not convinced that their codependency was as black-and-white negative as you do, and I definitely reject the absolutism of Ruben not practicing recovery before now (Lou calling his sponsor and his reaction insinuates that he’s not practicing the most stable program, but the scene- as well as his response to Raci about his addiction- does reflect that he’s engaged in the programmatic aspect of recovery beyond just sobriety) or that the couple hasn’t had ‘real’ moments of healing or positive self-growth before that breakup scene. We have no way of knowing that and in fact the only information we get spells the opposite: That breakup scene clarifies that they each feel like they helped the other save their own life, and I have no doubt that subjectively they’re being honest with themselves. Neither would be as functional or happy at the start if it was all a “doubling down” facade stemming from the cunning disease, but simultaneously they each discovered a moment of clarity in Ruben’s deafness that peeled back another onion layer to reveal what needed to happen next, in part by revealing the unhealthy aspect of their relationship having hit a point of unmanageability when another crisis hits and spoils the complacent rhythm. I do agree that neither of them has engaged independently in recovery, and we get enough information to diagnose that they could have earlier than four years, which is what this crisis signals- and so outside of those rather extreme terms labeling this as blanket-Unhealthy, I overall agree with your assessment, especially:
barryconvex wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:18 am
It's tempting for anyone to think that once a certain substance has been excised from one's life that one's life has returned to a "manageable" state but it's often not that simple and It's one of the movie's many, many master strokes that it illuminates these facts and also lays everything on the line leading into its final crescendo.
As someone in recovery, something I constantly deal with personally and in my work with others is this spectrum of really doing the work and actively engaging in recovery- and while I myself have regressed back to states of not accepting life on life’s terms due to codependency etc I would never say that at any point I or anyone who loses sight of these things isn’t in recovery at all. I think your points are almost dead-on but I don’t think the film, or life experience for addicts, is permitting such an either/or reading in the use of extremes put forth. Part of the complex treatment of recovery is that it's not so black-and-white, linear, or transferable between stressors, conditions, or crises (not only deafness and addiction, but how many people get physically clean and have no desire to use drugs but cannot practice acceptance in relationships, the workplace, the loss of family members, etc? That's why it's an ongoing sisyphean process full of mobility on that spectrum of practiced recovery for life). It’s certainly time for Ruben to do this alone for once, and that final scene is thoroughly perfect in every way by exemplifying the beginning of the new chapter in his recovery, and yes, the deepest and most vulnerable form of surrender he's ever taken, to the point where it’s a new experience altogether.

My problem with the breakup speech is that although it is definitely unique in how it subverts expectations, it still felt pat and unrealistic. I do love the acting, and Ruben's moment of surrender there is powerful, but the dialogue of him answering for her and ending things by speaking in code put me off, partially because it's a scene that's doing so much right and that false note ruined what should have been the first great breakup scene I've seen in a while. However this is just another example of my problem with the entire last half feeling rushed. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this again, because as a depiction of the road to surrender in recovery, the film is taking a very novel and complex path- even an alienating one- and I respected it for that. I hate being That Guy, but I felt like if the film had been about half an hour longer and slowed down an already isolating chapter I would've liked it more - but I realize my desire to stew in the familiar terrain of the painful bottom of surrender doesn't reflect how this extra footage would play for most!
While I can’t say I share the same enthusiasm for the section you did, or agree with the accolades of Best, I thoroughly appreciate your conscientious approach to the recovery process and its principles, and hope you continue to comment on films about addiction and recovery in the future. There aren’t many people out there who have that level of respect or insight for the material, and I loved reading your response.

knives

#7 Post by knives » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:32 pm

Never mind.
Last edited by knives on Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

therewillbeblus

#8 Post by therewillbeblus » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:40 pm

This is the thread for Sound of Metal, not Force of Nature. The director's name is in the thread title, and it isn't Polish, but in your defense the last name does have the same amount of letters.

barryconvex
billy..biff..scooter....tommy

#9 Post by barryconvex » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:37 am

Great points blu and thank you for the kind words...

TMDaines

#10 Post by TMDaines » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:10 am

Paul Raci is being seriously undersold here. Talk about being born to play a role and nailing the opportunity of a lifetime. Despite the obvious differences between the actor and the character, the depiction still feels autobiographical in a sense; it feels genuine.

The Best Supporting Actor field should really be a one-horse Raci at this point.

Brian C
I hate to be That Pedantic Guy but...

#11 Post by Brian C » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:00 am

I recognized a lot of my late brother in the character of Ruben, a guy who's never really present in the moment, but rather always living at some indeterminate point in the future where everything's already worked out like he assumes it will. Everything will always be fine the next day or the next week or whenever, because he's got it figured out and anyone who wants to point out reality just doesn't get it. And some other ways too - the way he's good with kids was really familiar to me, for example.

Was there any indication in the movie of what Ruben did before he met Lou? Was he a metal drummer then or did he take that up in collaboration with her? It didn't seem to me that he had any real interest in music at all outside of his life with her (to the point that their studio and tour bus was literally also their home), but perhaps I missed something.

At any rate, I think twbb's comments about the film feeling a bit rushed maybe explain a lot of the frustration I was feeling with the movie. Part of this is that the movie necessarily works in time with the speed of Ruben's thoughts, which very pointedly don't allow him to sit still and contemplate and observe; the movie has to follow him, so off we go at his whims. So I get it, in a sense. But ultimately I'm not sure where this gets us, and
SpoilerShow
the final scene reads a lot more ambiguously to me than it does most people, I guess - given his essential personality, it's hard to see that scene as acceptance of his situation, and frankly I think it's more likely that he spirals down from there as it is that he sets himself on the road to recovery. After all, he took his shot at a grand gesture and it backfired in multiple ways - what's his backup plan? Where does he go now? I'm not sure the sequel is something that I'd really want to see ... I don't want to sound flippant, but I'm very afraid that it wouldn't be very long. I realize that thematically, the ending is set up by the earlier conversation about just being able to sit still and find god, but certainly the look on his face didn't look like serenity to me, it looked like confusion and fear.

But again I'm reminded my brother here. Grand ideas that would set everything right but only led him sliding back down when they didn't work out, and ultimately dead of a heroin overdose at 35. Is that necessarily Ruben's fate? Of course not; everyone's different and no way to know. But I found myself asking, how well do the filmmakers really know this character? What does that ending tell us? It seemed to me like a cop out to avoid really seeing things through.

therewillbeblus

#12 Post by therewillbeblus » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:24 am

I don’t think the ending is serene at all, but that evasive moment of surrender, which can go either way- it can be latched into and move into recovery or it can be a different kind of surrender that’s fleeting. Those moments are powerful and carry a serene tint in hindsight for the person who feels secure in momentum within their recovery, but in those actual moments there is nothing more scary or confusing about resigning the only coping mechanisms you have (whether physical drugs, substitutes, rationalizations and lines of thinking that keep you distracted) and facing the enigmatic pain and loneliness head on, with no skills to do so. I can’t think of a worse time in my entire life, or one that, now, I’m more grateful for.

I think the important thing about the ending is that he needs to have an independent revelation to truly begin to engage with life on life’s terms, not Ruben’s terms. What happens next happens next, but in the One Day/Moment At A Time ethos, the story being told is how Ruben gets to that point where he moves out of his own way and grasps onto the elusive first step towards acceptance. We cannot predict or know the future, and so the filmmakers’ knowledge of the character would not help facilitate information on the fate of Ruben. In this moment though, there’s more hope than ever before, and a vital seed has been planted. The filmmakers stand with the character- there is nothing they can do but commit the action they do in this instant right now. That is the present-minded attitude that the filmmakers have knowledge about, just as Ruben finally does. And the rest, we'll see about that when it comes.

knives

#13 Post by knives » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:48 am

I read the ending exactly as you did Brian.

TheKieslowskiHaze

#14 Post by TheKieslowskiHaze » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:50 am

I thought this movie was totally great. I loved the focus on the process, the process of his learning sign language, "how to be deaf", and how to accept things. The final moments hit me hard, reminded me of the final shot in Nights of Cabiria.

From what I know about the cochlear-implant debate within the deaf community, the movie certainly takes a side, one that many people (with admittedly more personal experience with this issue than I have) might find controversial. But I give the movie great credit for coming to its conclusion with curiosity and compassion rather than judgment and self-righteousness.

As for the ending's ambiguity...
SpoilerShow
I did not find it ambiguous. A pretty shot of sun peeking through wind-rocked branches is, to me, a clear indicator that this is a beautiful moment. He's finally found that "stillness" that Raci talked about earlier. This isn't to say it's uncomplicated--as someone else said, what's his plan now?--but the moment itself is clearly one of grace.
This is probably my favorite of the Best Pic noms, though Minari would be close.

FrauBlucher

#15 Post by FrauBlucher » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:57 am

Thekieslowskihaze, I read the end the exact same way. Love this film. In what for me was a lackluster year this stands out as a great film.

therewillbeblus

#16 Post by therewillbeblus » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:33 am

To your point, The KieslowskiHaze, I guess that in my experience and the experience of those I've heard in recovery rooms, those moments of grace can be painful, the shine of the sun signifying peace can be a "God" moment- but that "stillness," which may be partly liberating is also isolating and grating.
SpoilerShow
While the sun does shine through and he looks 'up' or 'forward' at it, he also glances around at all these people existing, talking, making sounds that he can't access. Ruben sees this, and without the skills to deal with it, I think the moment is shot in a way that communicates some complex combination of confusion and fear, like Brian said, with meditative grace finally making an appearance. Ruben may have found the stillness but he isn't yet comfortable with it, he's just finally willing to engage with it, which is all that matters.
There is a misconception that when someone enters recovery and resigns the substances/ways of thinking, that life becomes beautiful or graceful, but it actually gets worse because you've given up the only mechanisms to dealing with life. So it would be inappropriate for Ruben to have a moment that's predominantly "beautiful" in its present experience, but it is a beautiful moment for him. The filmmakers seem to understand that, and that's why the end is a very mature look at this ineffable stage of recovery, rather than a more rigidly and misjudged cathartic one. Ruben being able to sit without comfort, or a strong secure connection to a higher power, is the beginning of hope that he is willing to do what it takes to get there.

RIP Film

#17 Post by RIP Film » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:59 am

I think what makes it a positive ending isn’t so much the final shot but what precedes it.
SpoilerShow
In seeing Lou, through the course of their night together he realizes that life goes on without you, there’s no pause button; and moreover Lou has used that time for her own growth— and an attempt to rekindle their past life together would be destructive and probably doomed to fail. Him being able to see that is perhaps the most encouraging aspect to his recovery, because he is able to separate himself from his identity as a musician, which Lou personified. So those final moments in the park were symbolic of him letting go of the outside world, the noise, defining him.

There’s a sort of implicit ambiguity to the ending, because of course there is. Uncertainty catalyzed the story and it ends with it. I believe the real message here is in being able to meet the moment when it arises, even if there’s an infinite number of uncertainties to follow.

TheKieslowskiHaze

#18 Post by TheKieslowskiHaze » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:09 pm

I appreciate these takes on the ending, which are helping me to see it in a more nuanced way.

I guess it's just a matter of which word we want to use to describe it: ambiguous or complicated. I'd prefer to call it complicated. I don't think the ending is all that ambiguous, because I don't think the film-makers are concealing their intentions or leaving the scene open to multiple and contradictory interpretations. But I do think the ending is complicated for reasons Brain C, twwb, and RIP Film have pointed out.

Brian C
I hate to be That Pedantic Guy but...

#19 Post by Brian C » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:04 pm

To be clear, I don't think it's "ambiguous" in terms of the filmmakers' intentions; I agree with you on that. But I don't feel particularly beholden to the filmmakers' intentions or to see the character the way that they do.

I use the word "ambiguous" more in character terms. Therewillbeblus sees the ending as "an elusive first step", and it may be! I'm not disagreeing with him so much on that, but I suspect that it's more the last step for him, where he's not surrendering so much as giving up. As twbb, maybe that's necessary for him to start towards recovery, but I'd worry that his next step will be to look to score some heroin and relapse in a foreign place with no support and the one thing that he's been working towards no longer in his life. Either way, there's ambiguity in which direction he goes from there.

Now like you say, that's plainly not what the filmmakers want us to think. But that's part of my problem with that ending, is that I feel like I'm being pushed to believe something that I don't really believe and doesn't match what I feel like I'm seeing with my own eyes.

therewillbeblus

#20 Post by therewillbeblus » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:17 pm

I wholly agree with your formulation of the ambiguity on "which direction he goes from there" but I'm not convinced that the filmmakers "want us to think" differently, or any such way about the future, so much as they are aligned with him in this present moment and only there. Obviously my reading might be skewed by my experience as yours is from your brother's, but I've also intimately known and worked with people who have had those moments and then relapsed and/or died, and so entertaining a pessimistic outcome is completely within the realm of possibilities. I don't think the filmmakers think otherwise, but since the "one day at a time" mentality asks us only to do the best we can in any given moment, that's all we can do. This might sound ridiculous, but within the vacuum of this mentality and the ending, it doesn't matter if he relapses or dies or leaves the program in the future, what matters is that his only chance at escaping these fates is by doing what he does in the end. To prescribe a recipe for success or failure following that scene would be disingenuous to the multifaceted challenges that come with a lifetime of recovery, but leaving it as-is gives the only hope available for one moment, regardless of how strong the probability of hanging onto that hope is, or where the narrative goes from there.

Pavel

#21 Post by Pavel » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:27 pm

Ben Shapiro's best take yet: Sound of Metal is a woke movie about the evils of the American healthcare system. (No, he hasn't seen it.)

DarkImbecile
Ask me about my visible cat breasts

#22 Post by DarkImbecile » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:39 pm

More accurate than most of his takes, to be fair

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: 1151 Sound of Metal

#23 Post by swo17 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:36 pm

yoloswegmaster

#24 Post by yoloswegmaster » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:34 pm

They added an alternate French-dubbed soundtrack to the release. Curious to know why they decided to add this particular dub, as I can't find any information on its importance.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#25 Post by cdnchris » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:53 pm

I'm wondering if it's for the French Canadian market. Worst Person in the World has French subtitles along wirh the English ones.