Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

hearthesilence

Re: Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

#1026 Post by hearthesilence » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:34 pm

This was the UK site, not the US. They charged in pounds, so they left the conversion to the credit card company.

Black Hat

#1027 Post by Black Hat » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:22 pm

hearthesilence wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:40 pm
I placed an order, but I noticed they added 10% to each item - and they didn't bother to indicate it unless you either looked at the final total or went to the order history AFTER it's been placed (where it suddenly readjusts the cost of each item and lists them higher than what originally appeared).

What gives? It's not quite local sales tax because it's actually even higher.
This surprised me too, but when I asked they informed me every order I've placed has had sales tax I just never noticed.

TWBB - the UK site is significantly more affordable.

fdm

#1028 Post by fdm » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:36 pm

So I dabbled a bit to see if it would be worthwhile to place a small order at the UK site. £5 reward credit I had helped, so I went ahead and placed it. Ordering 3 things gives me enough points to have a £5 credit available next time and shipping just barely remained at the lowest shipping rate of £8.

Interestingly the one Third Window title I wanted to order was not allowed to be shipped to USA, though a different one I tried (but didn't need) had no such constraint.

Finch

#1029 Post by Finch » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:23 pm

I went for Battle Royale 4k and Bird with a Crystal Plumage 4k, and Blu-Rays of Withnail and I, Trip to the Moon (as I can't listen to that fucking score Flicker Alley put on theirs), Mill of the Stone Women LE and two Second Runs, The Lighthouse and The Fifth Horseman is Fear. I had 1000 points to redeem so that took £10 off the total, and they applied sales tax to my order, too. Whatever.

therewillbeblus

#1030 Post by therewillbeblus » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:25 pm

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere upthread, but with the addition of the new site did they wipe all preexisting points? I was sure I had a bundle but my account reads zero

ryannichols7

#1031 Post by ryannichols7 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:45 pm

it's brutal not having a free shipping threshold. I know there are plenty of supply chain issues, but it's defeating loading up a big cart and getting hit with a £25 shipping charge

Maltic

#1032 Post by Maltic » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:58 am

therewillbeblus wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:25 pm
I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere upthread, but with the addition of the new site did they wipe all preexisting points? I was sure I had a bundle but my account reads zero
I take it you did buy from the site within the last year? I believe the points expire after 365 days if they haven't been redeemed by then

therewillbeblus

#1033 Post by therewillbeblus » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:02 am

I may not have- I had no idea they expired. That's ridiculous

Nw_jahrles

#1034 Post by Nw_jahrles » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:41 am

The new policy under The Hut Group is points expire after 1 year, and they can be used towards 5 and 10 pound vouchers (so no getting 7 pounds off of something)

The only improvements they have made are you redeem points for items on sale, a practice Arrow had discontinued.

Also, they seem to tweaked their sale strategy and so far this year have had a sale every month. January was a boxset sale, February was a Japanese cinema sale and March was a limited edition sale. And now they are having a big Easter sale. So if this trend continues there should be lots of opportunities to redeem the points.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#1035 Post by swo17 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:49 pm

Do the vouchers expire? If not, you just need to make sure you cash in your points on time

fdm

#1036 Post by fdm » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:13 pm

I'm a little vague on this as I didn't have any leftover points myself, and it's just based on some peoples' posts I've read elsewhere (blu-ray.com's arrow uk thread) since the transition, but apparently lots of people didn't get their old points transitioned over from the old site. Depending on who you chatted/etc with on the "new" Arrow side, you could possibly get them restored if you knew what they were and you happened upon the right customer service person.

So either you lost them altogether, or you might be able to get them restored if you had some proof (and hit the right service agent), or maybe even they finally figured out how to just restore them if somebody asked them (and got lucky (and got the right service agent)…). This last scenario is the one I'm not that sure about, and I would be surprised if it happened much or at all given how things went with their transitioning over to the new website, but I might have read an anecdote or two about it happening.

And finally, it seems that from just about every anecdote over their regarding their new customer service, your mileage may vary on any issue, so you may have to repeatedly bug them to get anything at all from them, and even then you may not prevail in the end.

So in essence minimally you have to bring your missing old points to their attention if you want to have any chance of getting them restored.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#1037 Post by swo17 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:20 pm

swo17 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:49 pm
Do the vouchers expire? If not, you just need to make sure you cash in your points on time
Oh wow, I just checked and the vouchers expire after two weeks

Maltic

#1038 Post by Maltic » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:46 pm

So if you buy your stuff on the last day of the Easter sale, 2 May, and get your voucher one year later, you'll have until around 16 May 2023... perhaps we can predict a huge sale starting on 17 May 2023.

movielocke

#1039 Post by movielocke » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:49 am

Anyone know if the in store discount for BN members works during the arrow 50% off sale? I know it doesn’t for criterion, it’s why I’m not bothering to renew my membership next month, but trying to figure if it’s worth the drive to find it in store.

ryannichols7

#1040 Post by ryannichols7 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:00 pm

movielocke wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:49 am
Anyone know if the in store discount for BN members works during the arrow 50% off sale? I know it doesn’t for criterion, it’s why I’m not bothering to renew my membership next month, but trying to figure if it’s worth the drive to find it in store.
it doesn't, I've done two batches over two stores. loved being able to shop titles in store though, it convinced me to blind buy Rogue Cops and Racketeers and secure a copy of Kansas City with a booklet

that said B&N does usually carry most US Indicator titles at 30% off and Arrow titles are usually 20-30%, and membership and coupons work for both at those discounts. so pretty good to have. in fact, I'd argue they're the best way to get Indicator titles in the US!

ryannichols7

#1041 Post by ryannichols7 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:45 pm

Arrow summer sale inbound
CAMP ARROW VIDEO SALE UPDATE

It’s on the way. Camp Arrow Video is nearly ready to open for this year's spectacular summer sale! Keep your eyes peeled from next Thursday.

hearthesilence

#1042 Post by hearthesilence » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:01 pm

FWIW, Rarewaves has a code for 45% off select Arrow titles. (Go to their website, it's in the banner.) Nothing I want to order though.

ryannichols7

#1043 Post by ryannichols7 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:43 pm

hearthesilence wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:01 pm
FWIW, Rarewaves has a code for 45% off select Arrow titles. (Go to their website, it's in the banner.) Nothing I want to order though.
ditto. I feel fairly caught up on Arrow, mostly use the sales to stock up on second run

therewillbeblus

#1044 Post by therewillbeblus » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:53 pm

They had a better Arrow sale before this one with better titles, I expect that’ll keep happening

What A Disgrace

#1045 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:50 pm

I pre-ordered the three December UHD-inclusive titles from RareWaves for $106 total. That's a mere $13.25 per film, on average.

yoloswegmaster

#1046 Post by yoloswegmaster » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:04 am

Arrow is having a Shocktober sale on their site.

Finch

#1047 Post by Finch » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:46 am

Used to have more competitive prices but with the points I had the Candyman 4k LE including tracked shipping worked out 5 pounds cheaper than what I think was the next lowest price at ravewaves. Also, Arrow's site is a pain to navigate: only 20 products per page and completely random listings across 36 pages. If it wasn't for the search option at the top, I think I wouldn't have bothered to keep looking.

hearthesilence

#1048 Post by hearthesilence » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:37 am

I'll have to sit this one out. I already used rarewaves to get everything I'd want when the pound was at its lowest point.

Maltic

#1049 Post by Maltic » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:58 am

Finch wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:46 am
Used to have more competitive prices but with the points I had the Candyman 4k LE including tracked shipping worked out 5 pounds cheaper than what I think was the next lowest price at ravewaves. Also, Arrow's site is a pain to navigate: only 20 products per page and completely random listings across 36 pages. If it wasn't for the search option at the top, I think I wouldn't have bothered to keep looking.

One advantage it does have over Indicator's website is the wishlist function, though.

L.A.

#1050 Post by L.A. » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:02 pm

So Arrow is now registered to IOSS, am I correct?