Page 13 of 13

Re: The Complete Kubrick

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:02 pm
by Lowry_Sam
So the newer standalone releases will contain material not in the box set?

Re: The Complete Kubrick

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:08 pm
by dwk
Lowry_Sam wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:02 pm So the newer standalone releases will contain material not in the box set?
I expect the newer material will booklets (new essays, reprinted articles), while the actual discs remain identical.

Re: The Complete Kubrick

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:33 pm
by Finch
Lolita is going to get one at a minimum, but is every single film going to be reissued as a standalone? Hopefully they'll clarify that sooner than later. I'm not in a rush for the box set but now I'm left wondering whether I should have bothered selling off my MoC Paths of Glory and the earlier CC Barry Lyndon.

Re: The Complete Kubrick

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:42 pm
by FlickeringWindow
Finch wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:33 pm Lolita is going to get one at a minimum, but is every single film going to be reissued as a standalone? Hopefully they'll clarify that sooner than later. I'm not in a rush for the box set but now I'm left wondering whether I should have bothered selling off my MoC Paths of Glory and the earlier CC Barry Lyndon.
Lolita, as well as 4K upgrades of The Killing/Killer's Kiss and Paths of Glory are certainties (I would expect Lolita and POG to be sometime in 2027). Good chance with 2001 and The Shining. Doubtful they do the rest, even Dr Strangelove, unless the Sony 4K goes out of print (it has the same on disc extras as the Criterion Blu, so it's an upgrade only for packaging and swag). Zero chance with Fear and Desire, obviously.

Re: The Complete Kubrick

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:59 pm
by Lowry_Sam
All the Kubrick titles on the channel now all use the box set style artwork, so perhaps there will also be a change to the artwork once existing titles sell out.