Page 336 of 336

Re: Criterion Discussion and Random Speculation Volume 7

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:25 pm
by MovieBuff647
James Stock wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:23 pm
James Stock wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2026 1:58 pm
MovieBuff647 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2026 11:49 pm DOCTOR ZHIVAGO has a 4K DCP! This is one I can see coming from WBHE, Warner Archive, or Criterion.

https://www.academymuseum.org/programs/ ... c983b6d891
This DCP has been around for a while and the bd was from the same 4k master.
Well nevermind. Looks like I was wrong lol.
I remember reading Robert Harris said the negatives were horrible shape and likely could not be scanned again back when that ancient VC-1 BD came out so chances are this will either be sourced from the same raw scan or even the same base restoration as that disc but obviously will be an improvement given HVEC + AVC and all being encoded by FiM.

Re: Criterion Discussion and Random Speculation Volume 7

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:44 pm
by jedgeco
MovieBuff647 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:22 pm DOCTOR ZHIVAGO 4K coming 12/1 from WAC!!!
It was me: I'm the one who just bought a copy of the overpriced Digibook bluray.