Oscilloscope Laboratories presents
SHUT UP AND PLAY THE HITS
Directed by Dylan Southern & Will Lovelace
On Blu-ray and DVD
October 9th, 2012cover art
"Visually arresting and monumental and profound... a thrilling experience."
"Call it THE LAST WALTZ for the electro-DJ generation."
- Twitch Film
On April 2nd, 2011, LCD SOUNDSYSTEM played its final show at Madison Square Garden. LCD frontman James Murphy had made the conscious decision to disband one of the most celebrated and influential bands of its generation at the peak of its popularity, ensuring that the band would go out on top with the biggest and most ambitious concert of its career.
The instantly sold out, near four-hour extravaganza did just that, moving the thousands in attendance to tears of joy and grief, with New York Magazine calling the event “a marvel of pure craft” and TIME magazine lamenting “we may never dance again.” SHUT UP AND PLAY THE HITS is simultaneously a document of a once-in-a-lifetime performance and an intimate portrait of Murphy as he navigates both the personal and professional ramifications of his decision.
Purchase the DVD or Blu-ray+DVD Combo from Oscilloscope Laboratories:http://www.oscilloscope.net/lcd/
Also available at most major retailers.
- SHUT UP AND PLAY THE HITS feature length film
- Extended Interview with Chuck Klosterman and James Murphy
- Outtakes featuring LCD's Manager Keith Wood and the Concert Choir
- Catching up with Keith - Keith Wood in Retirement
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Discs Two & Three
- LCD SOUNDSYSTEM FAREWELL CONCERT – the ENTIRE THREE-AND-A-HALF-HOUR CONCERT at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN on APRIL 2, 2011.
- Exclusive essay by Nick Sylvester, men's chorus singer at the final LCD SOUNDSYSTEM concert; founder of GOD MODE.