Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

#852 Post by swo17 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:17 am

Good grief, everyone please buy the Makhmalbaf set for 80% off, even if only to support Arrow releasing more of his films (also Love of a Woman at the same $9.99 price point, as a vote for more Grémillon)

hearthesilence

#853 Post by hearthesilence » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:33 am

swo17 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:17 am
Good grief, everyone please buy the Makhmalbaf set for 80% off, even if only to support Arrow releasing more of his films (also Love of a Woman at the same $9.99 price point, as a vote for more Grémillon)
Thanks for the tip! I got Love of a Woman at a previous Arrow sale based on your rec, and I just picked this up as well. I never heard of either before your posts, so you're 2 for 2.

I should add the shipping for one title is pretty high - $6.50 or $6.95 - but it was only a few dollars more with the Makhmalbaf set.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#854 Post by swo17 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:45 am

Nice, make sure to see A Moment of Innocence as well as perhaps Salaam Cinema or The Cyclist for a fuller picture of this great filmmaker

CantelopeSkiz

#855 Post by CantelopeSkiz » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:25 am

Arrow Video Easter Sale. This includes films from Second Run and Third Window.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#856 Post by swo17 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:36 am

All the Second Runs are out of stock though

TMDaines

#857 Post by TMDaines » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 pm

I hope it is just a bug or user error rather than only a couple of each title being made available. I’ll be waiting for them to come back.

rapta

#858 Post by rapta » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:59 pm

TMDaines wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 pm
I hope it is just a bug or user error rather than only a couple of each title being made available. I’ll be waiting for them to come back.
I've asked Second Run and they've contacted Arrow to ask why this happened, as they should have plenty of stock in their warehouse. Slightly frustrating as there are at least 4 titles from the Second Run catalogue I want to get in this sale, but they're all out of stock. I would place an order for the Arrow titles I'm after, but there's no option to merge orders and the postage difference is huge for separate orders.

hearthesilence

#859 Post by hearthesilence » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:27 pm

rapta wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:59 pm
I've asked Second Run and they've contacted Arrow to ask why this happened, as they should have plenty of stock in their warehouse. Slightly frustrating as there are at least 4 titles from the Second Run catalogue I want to get in this sale, but they're all out of stock. I would place an order for the Arrow titles I'm after, but there's no option to merge orders and the postage difference is huge for separate orders.
Have the same issue here. Also Horse Money was listed as having limited stock but now it's unavailable too. Hopefully they can restock the Second Run titles, shipping for the first four titles is a flat eight pounds so it's not much of a sale if only one title you want is actually "in stock."

CantelopeSkiz

#860 Post by CantelopeSkiz » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Some of the second run blu-rays that were previously showing up as out of stock are now showing up with limited availability. I don't know how much of each they have, but I just picked up 5.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#861 Post by swo17 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:13 pm

Thanks for the tip! I ordered a few and checked afterward and saw that some were already unavailable again. Also picked up Vitalina Varela because it added nothing to my shipping cost and if I count the savings from not paying $12 to rent the VOD from Grasshopper, it's sort of half-off as well?

brundlefly

#862 Post by brundlefly » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:14 am

The rest of the Second Run blus (Rookie Hangman, The Ear, Valerie, etc.) are now in stock.

hearthesilence

#863 Post by hearthesilence » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 am

I love this thread. Thanks for the tip everyone. FYI the Second Run BD's of A Blonde in Love, Horse Money and Diamonds of the Night (which has an exclusive Michael Brooke commentary) are all solidly in stock after being out of stock before.

rapta

#864 Post by rapta » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:35 pm

No worries, after my enquiries they managed to get Arrow to sort it today roughly around lunchtime, so I ordered Valerie and Her Week of Wonders, Case of a Rookie Hangman, Intimate Lighting and The Cremator. I now have most of the Second Run BD library - just a few missing that haven't been on offer, I didn't get near release, or am just a bit more cautious about getting.

Might dip back in for some DVD titles, but worried some might get BD upgrades in the next few years. Any that definitely won't? I'm especially interested in Kinetta and Liverpool, but also Traps, Stella Cadente, One. Two. One., Szindbád, and Blood.

RobertB

#865 Post by RobertB » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:19 am

Bought 7 films from the Easter sale. Shipping to Sweden was £8.50. I found what seems like a nice double of films that I haven't seen. Dawson City: Frozen Time (Bill Morrson) and The Far Country (Anthony Mann). Mann's film being set in Dawson during the gold rush.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#867 Post by domino harvey » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Thanks for posting. I only want one of those, but the price is so cheap that it’s still a really good deal even with shipping! Hadn’t heard any of these were going OOP

dwk

#868 Post by dwk » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Well, Dawn of the Discs mentions they are going OOP, but I haven't seen anything other than this ad from MVD saying last chance to get these titles

Ribs

#869 Post by Ribs » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:43 am

Arrow is hosting its summer sale now - most releases through April are discounted to varying degrees. Some Second Run is discounted too. Altogether picked up five releases from the past two years for ~$55 shipped to the US which is actually among the better deals I’ve gotten from Arrow’s store in recent memory. (I’ve not yet gotten a release that came without a booklet, but expect this order will probably break that streak)

Calvin

#870 Post by Calvin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:50 am

Taviani Brothers box set is down to only £7.50 in this sale, which I think is the cheapest I've ever seen one of the Academy sets

Adam X

#871 Post by Adam X » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:33 am

Not sure how the prices'll compare but Grindhouse Video's hosting the US leg of the sale, 1st to 21st July.
I think it's 50% off retail, not counting recent titles, plus Arrow merch thrown in to random packages. Keep in mind it's just one guy running the store at the moment, but Mike seems to be a workaholic, so you shouldn't have to wait as long as with the Twilight Time sale.

Ribs

#872 Post by Ribs » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 am

Calvin wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:50 am
Taviani Brothers box set is down to only £7.50 in this sale, which I think is the cheapest I've ever seen one of the Academy sets
This price is completely insane.

criterionsnob

#873 Post by criterionsnob » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:21 am

Ribs wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 am
Calvin wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:50 am
This price is completely insane.
They just raised it to £15.00 after I added it to my cart. Still a decent price, but no longer insane.

gcgiles1dollarbin

#874 Post by gcgiles1dollarbin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:30 pm

Anyone having trouble with the telephone number entry format when they're checking out at the UK Arrow site? I can't get past the billing address page, because it keeps claiming that my correctly entered and hyphenated number for the US is not correct, nor does their stored address for me submit the phone number correctly (forces it into a UK format that I can't change). Just emailed Arrow, but thought I would ask here as well. Thanks for any help. Here's hoping it's just a stupid, easily caught error on my part...

Ribs

#875 Post by Ribs » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:34 pm

It doesn't matter - the only one that does is the one on the previous screen. Just proceed ahead, it won't be an issue.