Affair in Trinidad
Edition no. 309
Our second Columbia Noir box set takes a dive once more into the studio’s archives and the world of film noir – a world of undercover detectives (The Mob) and emotionless hitmen (Murder by Contract), a world where film is inspired by real-life criminal activities (Tight Spot, based loosely on Virginia Hill’s testimony against Bugsy Siegel) and real-life criminal activities are inspired by film (711 Ocean Drive, which attracted the unwanted attention of mobsters), and a world where Glenn Ford finds himself unwittingly embroiled in murder – twice (Framed, Affair in Trinidad).
All six films are presented for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK, with The Mob, Tight Spot and Murder by Contract making their world Blu-ray premieres. This stunning collection includes newly recorded commentaries on each film, assorted bonus materials, including six short films starring the Three Stooges, lampooning the tropes and themes of the features, a 120-page book, and is strictly limited to 6,000 numbered units.
- Audio commentary with film historian and author Lee Gambin (2021)
- The End of the Affair (2012, 24 mins): Peter Ford, son of Glenn Ford, discusses the life and career of his father with the Film Noir Foundation's Eddie Muller
- Caribbean (1951, 25 mins): documentary by the Crown Film Unit, released the same year as Affair in Trinidad, depicting life and culture in the West Indies, British Guiana, and British Honduras
- Saved by the Belle (1939, 18 mins): island intrigued and Señorita Rita spell trouble for the Three Stooges
- Original theatrical trailer
- Image gallery: publicity and promotional material