Scorpion Releasing

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Scorpion Releasing

#126 Post by domino harvey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:32 pm

I guess Kino Lorber went all in on raiding TT based on this (as they will no doubt be Scorpion-branded KL titles), probably more to come

L.A.

#127 Post by L.A. » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:13 am

dwk wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:36 pm
Details on Scorpions remaster of The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea
Coming June 16 from Scorpion Releasing!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea (1976)
• Brand New 2019 HD Scan of the Original Camera Negative
• NEW Interview with Star Sarah Miles
• NEW Interview with Writer/Director Lewis John Carlino
• NEW Interviews with Crew Members Anthony Wayne, Robin Vidgeon, Graham Attwood and Hugh Harlow
• Optional English Subtitles
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Reversible Art
• Trailers
Has anyone seen this?

senseabove

#128 Post by senseabove » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:18 pm

L.A.

#129 Post by L.A. » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:41 pm

J Wilson

#130 Post by J Wilson » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:49 pm

I watched the Scorpion release of Clifford last night, and wow is this a film where I don't get the subsequent re-appraisal. It's absolutely awful. Almost everything Clifford does is the kind of behavior you'd see in a Bugs Bunny cartoon, except that we sympathize with Bugs and laugh at his antics, because he's likable and usually has cause (i.e. someone trying to kill him). Clifford, however, is insufferable. Short specializes in playing weirdos, and it's often exhausting even at the end of a SNL length skit. Here, it quickly becomes an endurance test. The only way this could have worked would have been to base the movie around Grodin's Martin as a sympathetic foil to Clifford's psycho twerp and let Martin then kill him off at the end. Bring back Clifford's parents and have them all celebrate. Let Sarah agree with Martin that kids are awful, and she agrees to never have any. They get married, everyone is happy, the end.

Morbii

#131 Post by Morbii » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:00 am

I guess The Kindred was just a pipe dream again?

dwk

#132 Post by dwk » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 am

The Kindred is with Synapse and in September they offered the following update via Rue Morgue
What is the status of THE KINDRED?

That’s been going on for years. There were issues that had to be taken care of with the film’s owners first, that came up after we announced it all those years ago. Over the time those took to resolve, I realized that the masters we had were no longer up to par, because they had been done years before. So when we got the green light to continue, I decided to redo everything from scratch. Then COVID happened, and the labs we work with are still closed; a lot of people in the restoration industry are not working, so it’s taking a little time. We’re just kind of waiting it out and finishing up a couple of other projects, and hopefully, in another month or so, we’ll be able to get the materials that we need and continue with THE KINDRED.

What kind of bonus features do you have planned for it?

Red Shirt Pictures has done a lot of great extras, like making-ofs. We even got an interview with Amanda Pays, which was able to happen because of the delays; her schedule freed up and we finally got her. And the version of THE KINDRED we’re doing is the international edition, which has a few extra gore snippets, so it’ll be worth the wait. Synapse doesn’t put anything out before its time; we want to make sure it’s right before we put it out because, knock on wood, we haven’t had any mistakes or recalls in 23 years, and there aren’t too many other companies out there that can say the same.

Morbii

#133 Post by Morbii » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:17 pm

dwk wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 am
The Kindred is with Synapse and in September they offered the following update via Rue Morgue
What is the status of THE KINDRED?

<snip>
Thanks! Guess it’s been long enough that I forgot the company that had the rights.