Yeah good call, and not the most horrible price for five films, a documentary and a hard cover book. The $110 for a single film (TCM 2003) on the other hand is extortionate. I must say the Kingdom series UHD is tempting too.
Edit: anyone know if the Blu-ray edition of The Kingdom is also a Fidelity encode? It's a $50 difference between the 4K and BDs.
Imprint
- Finch
- Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 pm
- Location: United States
Re: Imprint
I asked Imprint and they confirmed the BD set is Fidelity encoded too. That'll do just fine for me.
-
Zot!
- Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:09 am
Re: Imprint
I am sure you are aware, but the Zentropa Von Trier remasters are an interesting lot. In this case Kingdom's first two seasons were shot super 16 cropped to 4:3 and processed on video for PAL broadcast. For the the remaster they went back the film and re-applied the aggressive processing digitally that now preserved the maximum resolution and re-cropped the film for widescreen television. I already own the MUBI set, so I'm not too tempted by this, but interestingly MUBI released this in the original 25fps AND 24fps...but I assume Imprint will stick to 24fps for maximum compatibility.Finch wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 1:05 am I asked Imprint and they confirmed the BD set is Fidelity encoded too. That'll do just fine for me.
All this to say that while FiM will probably do a bang up job here, the show is already a weird assemblage of original material updated for today's tech.
- domino harvey
- Dot Com Dom
- Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:42 pm
Re: Imprint
Powell and Pressberger vol 1 is getting a standard release (so multi disc in one case versus individual cases) in October
- swo17
- Bloodthirsty Butcher
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:25 pm
- Location: SLC, UT
Re: Imprint
A new series called British Bloodlines, the first volume of which features four films starring Joan Collins:
Revenge
Quest for Love
Dark Places
The Monster
Revenge
Quest for Love
Dark Places
The Monster
- JSC
- Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 1:17 pm
Re: Imprint
Imprint will be releasing Directed by... Steven Soderbergh, which will include:
Kafka / Mr. Kneff
King of the Hill
The Underneath
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=39098

Only interested in Kafka, so I might wait until it gets a separate release. (Strangely, it
appears that the dubbed Mr. Kneff will have burned-in subtitles).
Kafka / Mr. Kneff
King of the Hill
The Underneath
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=39098

Only interested in Kafka, so I might wait until it gets a separate release. (Strangely, it
appears that the dubbed Mr. Kneff will have burned-in subtitles).
- Maltic
- Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:36 am
Re: Imprint
Imprint don't usually break up their box sets, do they?JSC wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:47 am Imprint will be releasing Directed by... Steven Soderbergh, which will include:
Kafka / Mr. Kneff
King of the Hill
The Underneath
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=39098
Only interested in Kafka, so I might wait until it gets a separate release. (Strangely, it
appears that the dubbed Mr. Kneff will have burned-in subtitles).
Or maybe you're counting on a US or UK label.
- JSC
- Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 1:17 pm
Re: Imprint
They have in the past. For example with the Gene Hackman set I was able to get individual titles.
Maybe it depends on the set. Whether its Imprint or another label I'll still wait since I already own
the other two in the box.
Maybe it depends on the set. Whether its Imprint or another label I'll still wait since I already own
the other two in the box.
- domino harvey
- Dot Com Dom
- Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:42 pm
Re: Imprint
That’s because of how Soderbergh re-edited it to be silent, it’s intentionalJSC wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:47 am Only interested in Kafka, so I might wait until it gets a separate release. (Strangely, it
appears that the dubbed Mr. Kneff will have burned-in subtitles).