Mikio Naruse

Discuss individual directors, actors, cinematographers, writers, and more
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
andyli
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:46 pm

Re: Mikio Naruse

#702 Post by andyli »

Not just Ginza Cosmetics. Repast also receives a recent 4K restoration.
artfilmfan
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:11 am

Re: Mikio Naruse

#703 Post by artfilmfan »

Great news on the recently restored When a Woman Ascends the Stairs and Scattered Clouds posted in the Recent Film Restorations thread. Here’s hoping for their releases on Blu-ray soon.
User avatar
Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: New England
Contact:

Re: Mikio Naruse

#704 Post by Michael Kerpan »

I hope all these restorations get (subbed) home video releases. Especially Repast.
User avatar
Lowry_Sam
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Mikio Naruse

#705 Post by Lowry_Sam »

Michael Kerpan wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:15 am I hope all these restorations get (subbed) home video releases. Especially Repast.
And hopefully English friendly. It would be nice if they did them in chronological blocks & release groups in small box sets.
artfilmfan
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:11 am

Re: Mikio Naruse

#706 Post by artfilmfan »

Hopefully Floating Clouds sold well such that BFI would want to release these other Naruse films on Blu-ray. These are excellent films. The Naruse films that I often revisit over the years are: Floating Clouds, When a Woman Ascends the Stairs, and Scattered Clouds. To me, Scattered Clouds is the last finest Japanese film made during the Golden era. And up to today, I think only Maborosi has equalled or bettered it.
User avatar
Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: New England
Contact:

Re: Mikio Naruse

#707 Post by Michael Kerpan »

I am greedy -- as I really want at least 40 (but maybe even 50+) Naruse films readily available in the best form possible.
Post Reply