Criterion Discussion and Random Speculation Volume 7

News on Criterion and Janus Films
Message
Author
MovieBuff647
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2026 12:23 am

Re: Criterion Discussion and Random Speculation Volume 7

#8376 Post by MovieBuff647 »

James Stock wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:23 pm
James Stock wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2026 1:58 pm
MovieBuff647 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2026 11:49 pm DOCTOR ZHIVAGO has a 4K DCP! This is one I can see coming from WBHE, Warner Archive, or Criterion.

https://www.academymuseum.org/programs/ ... c983b6d891
This DCP has been around for a while and the bd was from the same 4k master.
Well nevermind. Looks like I was wrong lol.
I remember reading Robert Harris said the negatives were horrible shape and likely could not be scanned again back when that ancient VC-1 BD came out so chances are this will either be sourced from the same raw scan or even the same base restoration as that disc but obviously will be an improvement given HVEC + AVC and all being encoded by FiM.
Post Reply