Imprint

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Kino, and more
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Finch
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: United States

Re: Imprint

#1101 Post by Finch »

Yeah good call, and not the most horrible price for five films, a documentary and a hard cover book. The $110 for a single film (TCM 2003) on the other hand is extortionate. I must say the Kingdom series UHD is tempting too.

Edit: anyone know if the Blu-ray edition of The Kingdom is also a Fidelity encode? It's a $50 difference between the 4K and BDs.
User avatar
Finch
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: United States

Re: Imprint

#1102 Post by Finch »

I asked Imprint and they confirmed the BD set is Fidelity encoded too. That'll do just fine for me.
Zot!
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Imprint

#1103 Post by Zot! »

Finch wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 1:05 am I asked Imprint and they confirmed the BD set is Fidelity encoded too. That'll do just fine for me.
I am sure you are aware, but the Zentropa Von Trier remasters are an interesting lot. In this case Kingdom's first two seasons were shot super 16 cropped to 4:3 and processed on video for PAL broadcast. For the the remaster they went back the film and re-applied the aggressive processing digitally that now preserved the maximum resolution and re-cropped the film for widescreen television. I already own the MUBI set, so I'm not too tempted by this, but interestingly MUBI released this in the original 25fps AND 24fps...but I assume Imprint will stick to 24fps for maximum compatibility.

All this to say that while FiM will probably do a bang up job here, the show is already a weird assemblage of original material updated for today's tech.
User avatar
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:42 pm

Re: Imprint

#1104 Post by domino harvey »

Powell and Pressberger vol 1 is getting a standard release (so multi disc in one case versus individual cases) in October
User avatar
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: SLC, UT

Re: Imprint

#1105 Post by swo17 »

A new series called British Bloodlines, the first volume of which features four films starring Joan Collins:

Revenge
Quest for Love
Dark Places
The Monster
User avatar
JSC
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Imprint

#1106 Post by JSC »

Imprint will be releasing Directed by... Steven Soderbergh, which will include:

Kafka / Mr. Kneff
King of the Hill
The Underneath

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=39098

Image

Only interested in Kafka, so I might wait until it gets a separate release. (Strangely, it
appears that the dubbed Mr. Kneff will have burned-in subtitles).
User avatar
Maltic
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:36 am

Re: Imprint

#1107 Post by Maltic »

JSC wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:47 am Imprint will be releasing Directed by... Steven Soderbergh, which will include:

Kafka / Mr. Kneff
King of the Hill
The Underneath

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=39098

Image

Only interested in Kafka, so I might wait until it gets a separate release. (Strangely, it
appears that the dubbed Mr. Kneff will have burned-in subtitles).
Imprint don't usually break up their box sets, do they?

Or maybe you're counting on a US or UK label.
User avatar
JSC
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Imprint

#1108 Post by JSC »

They have in the past. For example with the Gene Hackman set I was able to get individual titles.
Maybe it depends on the set. Whether its Imprint or another label I'll still wait since I already own
the other two in the box.
User avatar
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:42 pm

Re: Imprint

#1109 Post by domino harvey »

JSC wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:47 am Only interested in Kafka, so I might wait until it gets a separate release. (Strangely, it
appears that the dubbed Mr. Kneff will have burned-in subtitles).
That’s because of how Soderbergh re-edited it to be silent, it’s intentional
User avatar
JSC
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Imprint

#1110 Post by JSC »

That’s because of how Soderbergh re-edited it to be silent, it’s intentional
I'm a bit confused... as in a silent film? The last bit of news I heard was that the film was being
re-dubbed with a German language soundtrack.
User avatar
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:42 pm

Re: Imprint

#1111 Post by domino harvey »

I was going off of Imprint’s description, perhaps it is I who am confused
beamish14
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Imprint

#1112 Post by beamish14 »

I just want a commentary on Kafka with Soderbergh and Lem Dobbs getting pissed off at one another
Rupert Pupkin
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:34 pm

Re: Imprint

#1113 Post by Rupert Pupkin »

any test somewhere of Rachel Weisz box set ? I'm highly interested to see how good can be their blu-ray of "I Want You" which is exclusive.
I already have the Terrence Davies movie. And Neil Labute's "The Shape of Things" (released on VOD in excellent quality) could have been added to this box set.
User avatar
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: SLC, UT

Re: Imprint

#1114 Post by swo17 »

For November:

Don Siegel box (4 films already released by Indicator/Arrow/Kino/Criterion)
Touch of Evil (deluxe box treatment but Blu-ray only)
Tales of Adventure 13
User avatar
Lowry_Sam
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Imprint

#1115 Post by Lowry_Sam »

swo17 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:39 am For November:

Touch of Evil (deluxe box treatment but Blu-ray only)
Why? It's been out on 4k almost everywhere else for a while now. Who's going to buy this?
Post Reply