The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

Discuss DVDs and Blu-rays released from Arrow and the films on them.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: SLC, UT

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#201 Post by swo17 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:21 pm

Looks like the new Vol. 1 is already almost sold out?

User avatar
jegharfangetmigenmyg
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:52 am

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#202 Post by jegharfangetmigenmyg » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Does anyone know why Arrow weren't able/allowed to add Martha and In the Year of 13 Moons to these re-releases? They are both available in the below French boxsets from Gaumont. To add Tenderness of the Wolves to the new set seemed pretty weird to me as he's only acting in it, and it has nothing in common with Fassbinder's films, other than it using some of his crew.

In addition, the French boxes also have two films from the the BRD trilogy, and they even add Fassbinders excerpt from Germany in Autumn.

French Vol. 1: https://www.amazon.fr/Rainer-Werner-Fas ... 07985BXHH/
French Vol. 2: https://www.amazon.fr/Rainer-Werner-Fas ... 0798GS5LP/

Calvin
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:12 am

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#203 Post by Calvin » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:42 pm

I think they're both with Studio Canal, who I don't think Arrow have ever licensed from.

User avatar
Finch
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#204 Post by Finch » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:23 pm

The specs for the Vol 2 set say HD transfers of all films prepared by the Rainer Werner Fassbinder Foundation. Are those in 4k though? Criterion's Fear Eats The Soul BD was sourced from a 4k transfer. It'd be curious for Arrow to omit that detail unless of course it's an oversight.

Glowingwabbit
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#205 Post by Glowingwabbit » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:05 pm

Finch wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:23 pm
The specs for the Vol 2 set say HD transfers of all films prepared by the Rainer Werner Fassbinder Foundation. Are those in 4k though? Criterion's Fear Eats The Soul BD was sourced from a 4k transfer. It'd be curious for Arrow to omit that detail unless of course it's an oversight.
Vol 1 and 2 are identical discs from the original boxset so yes they are 4K restorations presented in HD (1080). When the set originally came out it was worth highlighting the new 4k restorations, but now that they are reprinting them years later it's not something "new" to highlight.

User avatar
Finch
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#206 Post by Finch » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:52 pm

Thank you! I hadn't followed the original releases so that is good to know.

User avatar
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: SLC, UT

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#207 Post by swo17 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:40 am

swo17 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:21 pm
Looks like the new Vol. 1 is already almost sold out?
Are people that have been reporting that Arrow is unresponsive contacting them via the messaging system on their website? Because they've always gotten back to me within a day or two of using that. In any case, I asked them the question above over the weekend as I have an outstanding order for this set, and just received back this reply:
I’m sorry that this hasn’t been sent to you yet as this is currently out of stock. We expect new stock to arrive around the next week or 2.

kekid
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:55 pm

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#208 Post by kekid » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:16 pm

I had ordered this item from Arrow using their old system. It does not show on their current system. I sent them a message asking when I should expect this, since it does not show on their system. They asked me for the order number. I wrote to them that I am not in the habit of writing down order numbers when I place orders. That is what their system is supposed to do. I sent them a copy of the Paypal transaction that shows the amount sent to them on a specific date. I have not heard from them since (it has been several days). I think the Arrow system transition was a disaster, and their customer service dealing with that disaster has been poor. Now I no longer order anything directly from them.

User avatar
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: SLC, UT

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#209 Post by swo17 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:44 pm

swo17 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:40 am
swo17 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:21 pm
Looks like the new Vol. 1 is already almost sold out?
Are people that have been reporting that Arrow is unresponsive contacting them via the messaging system on their website? Because they've always gotten back to me within a day or two of using that. In any case, I asked them the question above over the weekend as I have an outstanding order for this set, and just received back this reply:
I’m sorry that this hasn’t been sent to you yet as this is currently out of stock. We expect new stock to arrive around the next week or 2.
More recent update:
Thank you so much for purchasing our Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection Volume 1 – Limited Edition set.

Unfortunately, we’ve had stock transfer issues, which means we’re slightly behind schedule in shipping your set out. We have further stock on the way as soon as possible and all outstanding orders are due to ship week commencing 6th December.

User avatar
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: SLC, UT

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#210 Post by swo17 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:10 pm

R0lf wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:37 pm
I like the artwork better for these sets but I wouldn’t trade out the original if it’s just going to be a paper slip like all the rest of the recent Arrow repacks.
It's in a hardbox, the spines for the individual cases are more lively than before, and the spine of the booklet misspells the director's name ](*,)

Image

User avatar
Gregor Samsa
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:41 am

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#211 Post by Gregor Samsa » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:35 pm

Image

User avatar
Graham
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: London

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#212 Post by Graham » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:58 am

kekid wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:16 pm
I had ordered this item from Arrow using their old system. It does not show on their current system. I sent them a message asking when I should expect this, since it does not show on their system. They asked me for the order number. I wrote to them that I am not in the habit of writing down order numbers when I place orders. That is what their system is supposed to do. I sent them a copy of the Paypal transaction that shows the amount sent to them on a specific date. I have not heard from them since (it has been several days). I think the Arrow system transition was a disaster, and their customer service dealing with that disaster has been poor. Now I no longer order anything directly from them.
I’m in the same boat, although I had the order number from the ‘don’t panic’ email they sent in mid-October. Yesterday, after finally getting to a point where customer service understood what I was chasing up, I was told the box is out of stock and that it’d be sent when it’s back in stock. What’s the point in pre-ordering from Arrow direct when two weeks after release they still can’t get it sent out?! Everywhere else has it in stock.

kekid
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:55 pm

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#213 Post by kekid » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:00 am

neilist wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:17 pm
Arrow's just shared an image on social media including vol 3...

Image

'Gods Of The Plague'
'The American Soldier'
'The Niklashausen Journey'
'Rio Das Mortes'
'Mother Kusters Goes To Heaven'
'Fear Of Fear'
'Satan's Brew'
Is this confirmed? Any idea of the release date?
Would that be a bigger volume than 1 and 2?

User avatar
DRW.mov
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:43 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#214 Post by DRW.mov » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:26 am

kekid wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:00 am
neilist wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:17 pm
Arrow's just shared an image on social media including vol 3...

Image

'Gods Of The Plague'
'The American Soldier'
'The Niklashausen Journey'
'Rio Das Mortes'
'Mother Kusters Goes To Heaven'
'Fear Of Fear'
'Satan's Brew'
Is this confirmed? Any idea of the release date?
Would that be a bigger volume than 1 and 2?
It’s confirmed, no street date yet though. Will be the same size as vol 1 and 2, ie four slim cases and a large book. Most films will be doubled up on discs.

User avatar
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: SLC, UT

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#215 Post by swo17 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:48 pm

swo17 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:10 pm
the spine of the booklet misspells the director's name ](*,)
Pleased to report that Vol. 2 gets his name right!

Glowingwabbit
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#216 Post by Glowingwabbit » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:50 pm

swo17 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:48 pm
swo17 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:10 pm
the spine of the booklet misspells the director's name ](*,)
Pleased to report that Vol. 2 gets his name right!
Have you put the artwork on the front of both volumes side by side yet?

User avatar
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: SLC, UT

Re: The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection

#217 Post by swo17 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:21 pm

Oh, that's cool!

Image

Post Reply