Discuss TV shows old and new.
captveg

Re: Doctor Who

#51 Post by captveg » Thu May 19, 2022 1:23 pm

soundchaser wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:59 pm
captveg wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:20 pm
I agree with you, Dr Amicus, that the second Series for Chibnall/Whittaker was it's high point, though I have not yet seen the most recent Special. Looking forward to Davies' return and the new Doctor. In general, the writing does need a step up to match the Tennant/Smith eras again.
If you loved the Tennant era, I have news about what’s being filmed right now…
Oh, I know. I'm trying to avoid any details, though.

Dr Amicus

Re: Doctor Who

#52 Post by Dr Amicus » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:10 am

I've been trying to avoid spoilers about what is filming at the moment - but not easy! Neil Patrick Harris's casting as a villain has been much reported - and indeed announced by RTD - with much speculation about who he is playing...

Anyway, Doctor Who: Redacted, the drama Podcast on BBC Sounds, has just finished it's weekly drops - and this was excellent. 10 episodes, mostly around 20 mins each, it follows three queer women who host a podcast, The Blue Box Files, which is an investigative study into strange events / urban legends where a blue box is seen. If the mystery is more interesting than the solution, than that is not unusual - but it's a lot of fun, there are a lot of easter eggs on the side and the three stars are excellent. In particular, trans activist Charlie Craggs makes a great acting debut as the central character and has a lot of the emotional and plot heavy lifting to do. Anyway, it's on BBC Sounds and starts of 4 Extra this week - very highly recommended!