Deaf Crocodile
- Adam X
- Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:04 am
Re: Deaf Crocodile
Given Craig Rogers’ 3rd point, I’m not sure that he’d care too much.
- CSM126
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:22 pm
- Location: The Room
- Contact:
Re: Deaf Crocodile
I can see Svet pulling the anti-Marshall McLuhan. “Ma’am, you know nothing of your own work”.
-
McCrutchy
- Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:57 am
- Location: East Coast, USA
Re: Deaf Crocodile
I saw the Soda Pop Joe announcement and had no idea it was actually Lemonade Joe. I get that "Lemonade" doesn't mean actual American lemonade everywhere else, but I wonder if the NFA is aware that soft drinks have regional names even inside of the USA, to the point that there is an entire Wikipedia article on exactly that, which then also links to a site tracking the geographic distribution of the different terms. Perhaps they picked "soda pop" because the film is a parody of Westerns, but presumably, the Czech sound of the name "Limonádový Joe" is going to constantly suggest "lemonade" to an English ear, anyway.
I've never seen the film and the only previous releases appear to have been in Czechia (to use another "new" name), but assuming it will get a UK release at some point. I wonder if it will keep the older title. For one thing, while I expect that "soda" is becoming more common, I don't think I've ever heard a British person (or any European) use the term "soda pop", which is another reason to find the change baffling.
I've never seen the film and the only previous releases appear to have been in Czechia (to use another "new" name), but assuming it will get a UK release at some point. I wonder if it will keep the older title. For one thing, while I expect that "soda" is becoming more common, I don't think I've ever heard a British person (or any European) use the term "soda pop", which is another reason to find the change baffling.