Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
- swo17
- Bloodthirsty Butcher
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:25 pm
- Location: SLC, UT
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
Is the Cinematographe Thieves Like Us worth getting if I already have the Radiance release? It's 60% off today
-
luxta
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:16 am
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
Comparisons https://slow.pics/c/EYUumj8Fswo17 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2026 5:42 pm Is the Cinematographe Thieves Like Us worth getting if I already have the Radiance release? It's 60% off today
- swo17
- Bloodthirsty Butcher
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:25 pm
- Location: SLC, UT
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
60% off today:
Touch
Last of the Red Hot Lovers
Kamikaze 89
Therapy Dogs
Playground
And a handful of copies of Close Your Eyes have been added to the OOP section
Touch
Last of the Red Hot Lovers
Kamikaze 89
Therapy Dogs
Playground
And a handful of copies of Close Your Eyes have been added to the OOP section
- Grand Wazoo
- Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:23 pm
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
I highly recommend Therapy Dogs, a really impressive debut that the director secretly shot while still in high school.
- TechnicolorAcid
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:43 pm
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
Also notably the first film distributed by forum favorite Matt Johnson’s movie company Zapruder Films that wasn’t directed by him and there does seem to be a bit of the style of The Dirties in it that definitely appeals to me
-
Zot!
- Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:09 am
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
Just when I thought it couldn't get any more quirky, TIL
John Cassavetes made comedic radio spots to advertise Kamikaze 89
- hearthesilence
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:22 am
- Location: NYC
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
I finally took a look at the Crimson Gold Blu-ray, and it looks like it's based off an old video transfer, i.e. whatever master that was created when they first issued it on DVD in the 2000s. This was a quick look on a smaller screen than I'm used to, but I think it's probably an early HD transfer. (At least, I hope it isn't an SD upscale.) Disappointing, and probably a good sign that a UHD release won't ever happen unless someone springs for a new 4K restoration. It's one of Kiarostami's masterpieces though, so at least it brings it back into print and you don't have to pay a premium for the old DVD, but hopefully some day we get a definitive edition.
-
James Stock
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2026 2:55 pm
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
I'm not sure if there's any evidence to this but someone on Reddit said Dog Day Afternoon is coming from Cinematographe by the end of the year.
- dwk
- Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:10 pm
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
I'm pretty sure Justin Laliberty said there are no Warner titles coming from Cinematographe in 2026.
- domino harvey
- Dot Com Dom
- Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:42 pm
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
I think there’s no way Criterion doesn’t have a first look deal with WB for licensing. What WB title has even come from another label that sounds like a Criterion release?James Stock wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2026 3:01 pm I'm not sure if there's any evidence to this but someone on Reddit said Dog Day Afternoon is coming from Cinematographe by the end of the year.
-
HardNight'sDay
- Joined: Thu May 07, 2026 12:48 pm
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
New restoration of Sitting Ducks presented by CinematographeCSM126 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2026 5:35 pm “There’s a lot of Jaglom coming” is what I say when I’m on the toilet after eating the diarrhea lettuce.
- domino harvey
- Dot Com Dom
- Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:42 pm
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
Who is asking for Jaglom films?!
-
James Stock
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2026 2:55 pm
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
You'd be very surprised about some of the shit people on the other forum beg for.
- John Cope
- Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:40 pm
- Location: where the simulacrum is true
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
There are a lot of Jaglom films that I really like and it would be nice to get new editions of those at least (e.g. New Year's Day, Someone to Love, Last Summer in the Hamptons, Deja Vu, etc.)
- jazzo
- Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:02 am
Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
I suspect that Yellow Veil may announce Boorman and the Devil when VS opens back up tomorrow.
I rented it off Apple last night and thought that it was a great little examination of an artist reconciling with the notion that, for two years, he put his heart and soul into something he believed was new and original for the world (almost killing him in the process), and not only did the world reject it, they did so with a venomous spite like none had seen before, and how painful it all still is for him.
There are couple of missteps in the choices it makes to relay certain information and anecdotes, but mostly it’s a fascinating, deeply emotional look at art and expectations, and whether those expectations can ever be met by anyone.
And Boorman is just in a class all by himself. I miss the days when I would find out that he (or Peter Weir) had a new movie coming out.
I rented it off Apple last night and thought that it was a great little examination of an artist reconciling with the notion that, for two years, he put his heart and soul into something he believed was new and original for the world (almost killing him in the process), and not only did the world reject it, they did so with a venomous spite like none had seen before, and how painful it all still is for him.
There are couple of missteps in the choices it makes to relay certain information and anecdotes, but mostly it’s a fascinating, deeply emotional look at art and expectations, and whether those expectations can ever be met by anyone.
And Boorman is just in a class all by himself. I miss the days when I would find out that he (or Peter Weir) had a new movie coming out.
-
HardNight'sDay
- Joined: Thu May 07, 2026 12:48 pm
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- domino harvey
- Dot Com Dom
- Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:42 pm
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
Ominous!Vol. 1
- Finch
- Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 pm
- Location: United States
Re: Vinegar Syndrome and Their Partner Labels
I do have the French BD of Taste of Things but the IFC BD with English subbed extras and the booklet is tempting.
