Ginza Cosmetics, 4K, Carlotta, France:
https://carlottafilms.com/films/ginza-cosmetics/
https://carlottafilms.com/wp-content/up ... METICS.pdf
Mikio Naruse
- andyli
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:46 pm
Re: Mikio Naruse
Not just Ginza Cosmetics. Repast also receives a recent 4K restoration.
-
artfilmfan
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:11 am
Re: Mikio Naruse
Great news on the recently restored When a Woman Ascends the Stairs and Scattered Clouds posted in the Recent Film Restorations thread. Here’s hoping for their releases on Blu-ray soon.
- Michael Kerpan
- Spelling Bee Champeen
- Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:20 pm
- Location: New England
- Contact:
Re: Mikio Naruse
I hope all these restorations get (subbed) home video releases. Especially Repast.
- Lowry_Sam
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: San Francisco, CA
Re: Mikio Naruse
And hopefully English friendly. It would be nice if they did them in chronological blocks & release groups in small box sets.Michael Kerpan wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:15 am I hope all these restorations get (subbed) home video releases. Especially Repast.
-
artfilmfan
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:11 am
Re: Mikio Naruse
Hopefully Floating Clouds sold well such that BFI would want to release these other Naruse films on Blu-ray. These are excellent films. The Naruse films that I often revisit over the years are: Floating Clouds, When a Woman Ascends the Stairs, and Scattered Clouds. To me, Scattered Clouds is the last finest Japanese film made during the Golden era. And up to today, I think only Maborosi has equalled or bettered it.