Hammer Films

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Kino, and more
Message
Author
User avatar
jazzo
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:02 am

Re: Hammer Films

#101 Post by jazzo »

I know these are pricey, but these new Hammers are also some of the best curated releases I’ve ever seen. The bonus materials on, both, X…The Unknown! and The Abominable Snowman (two personal favourites) are simply astonishing, and the passion the participants have for the material and the care that Hammer has put into finding archival or producing new material puts most of the major labels to shame.

I anxiously await the more affordable standard editions of the first two Quatermass pictures they’ve released so far, and hope they tackle the third, The Devil Rides Out, and Hell Is A City soon!
User avatar
Maltic
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:36 am

Re: Hammer Films

#102 Post by Maltic »

Will there be "standard" editions?
User avatar
jazzo
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:02 am

Re: Hammer Films

#103 Post by jazzo »

That was a hope more than anything else.
User avatar
Dr Amicus
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Guernsey

Re: Hammer Films

#104 Post by Dr Amicus »

I would expect there to be standard editions. I think the only big box to sell out so far, apart from the Red Dracula set, has been Captain Kronos. I do get the limited editions, the books alone are worth the extra money.

Lady In The Fog is minor but quite fun, one of several “Yank gets involved in a murder mystery” they did. Again, the extras look like the main attraction here.
Post Reply