FILMOKAZ: I Even Met Happy Gypsies

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Kino, and more
Message
Author
User avatar
Matt
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:58 pm

Re: FILMOKAZ: I Even Met Happy Gypsies

#51 Post by Matt »

Posts regarding the group buy have been moved here
djvaso
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Serbia&Montenegro

Re: FILMOKAZ: I Even Met Happy Gypsies

#52 Post by djvaso »

Filmokaz wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:41 pm Radiance tried to license The Ninth Circle. All the mentioned titles are problematic to license.
This is what Dinko Majcen from the Croatian State Archives says: "As far as I know, in the case of the film 'The Ninth Circle', the representative of the author's heirs refuses to grant permission to interested exhibitors and publishers. Some of them resolved the problem by means of a so-called letter of indemnity (e.g. the Wexner Center for the Arts for several screenings of that film that were held)."

I directed Francesco Simeoni to the representative of the Štiglic family, attorney Lado Hribar, but evidently no agreement was reached.
Filmokaz
Label Representative
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 10:17 am

Re: FILMOKAZ: I Even Met Happy Gypsies

#53 Post by Filmokaz »

Regardless, the Croatian State Archives cannot license the remasters for commercial purposes due to a bizarre legal restriction. At least, that is what they claim. We reached an agreement with the rights holders for two remastered films from the Jadran Film catalog, yet we were unable to obtain the materials from the Archives. The situation is clearly more complex than they claim.
Post Reply